how to 4 mil like a pro

I have completely rebuild my bike and I know what things I wanted to do in the future it has ran like shit the whole time since I am still working on it I want to put a 4 mil crank in it while I am sending my cylinders off to be ported. I heard someone on here say no one runs the gaskets that come with them they cut there head for it what does that mean and what do I need to do to put a stroker in. And yes I am sorry I know this has been asked before but I looked at a lot of old forums but still not sure And before anyone tells me I need new pipes again I am ordering those this week.

I have completely rebuild my bike and I know what things I wanted to do in the future it has ran like shit the whole time since I am still working on it I want to put a 4 mil crank in it while I am sending my cylinders off to be ported. I heard someone on here say no one runs the gaskets that come with them they cut there head for it what does that mean and what do I need to do to put a stroker in. And yes I am sorry I know this has been asked before but I looked at a lot of old forums but still not sure And before anyone tells me I need new pipes again I am ordering those this week.

4 mill crank will drop in without any case mods if you are running stock cylinders depending on the stroke they make spacer plates for the added lenght rod.4 milll is what i run with no spacers you will have to run stroker pistons as well

4 mill crank will drop in without any case mods if you are running stock cylinders depending on the stroke they make spacer plates for the added lenght rod.4 milll is what i run with no spacers you will have to run stroker pistons as well
or have your domes cut for the clearance...

If you have a cool head then you just buy stroker domes alread made for the added stroker. Much better way than puting the spacer under the jugs.

I do have a coolhead so I need is the crank and some new domes and pistons

I seen in dirt wheels vitos crank kit states you can use stock pistons or is that what the plate is for?

I do have a coolhead so I need is the crank and some new domes and pistons

I seen in dirt wheels vitos crank kit states you can use stock pistons or is that what the plate is for?

You can run the stock pistons with a 4mil stroke 110 rod crank. If you get the 4mil 115 rod crank you'll have to run the wiseco 795 pistons. Either way you'll need to run the spacer plate or have the domes cut for the additional stroke. If you're sending your cylinders to be ported anyways then have them ported for the 4mil and then run the cut domes, this is by far the best way to set up a stroker. I would also recommend the long rod crank(115mm) because it causes less piston side loading and your engine will last longer. You're already spending the $$ on the crank and porting, might as well do it right. Oh, and you would need access to a lathe or mill to cut your own domes, I would leave that to a pro... They are only @ $60.

You can run the stock pistons with a 4mil stroke 110 rod crank. If you get the 4mil 115 rod crank you'll have to run the wiseco 795 pistons. Either way you'll need to run the spacer plate or have the domes cut for the additional stroke. If you're sending your cylinders to be ported anyways then have them ported for the 4mil and then run the cut domes, this is by far the best way to set up a stroker. I would also recommend the long rod crank(115mm) because it causes less piston side loading and your engine will last longer. You're already spending the $$ on the crank and porting, might as well do it right. Oh, and you would need access to a lathe or mill to cut your own domes, I would leave that to a pro... They are only @ $60.

that helped but one other question you have to port it different for a stroker motor

that helped but one other question you have to port it different for a stroker motor

Yes, if you want to do it right...on a 4mil the crank travels 2mm higher and 2mm lower so the floors of the ports ect are cut to match. This will increase your port duration, so if you are already ported it may have too much duration to be ported for the 4mill stroke. But, you don't have to. It won't perform to it's full potential unless ported to match.

I am sending the jugs off this week they are going to fast every body says he is good and his prices are good

Jeff should be able to answer all of your questions and give you any advice you'll need for your 4mill build. :thumbsup: