cpi's or shears

kawiking

I had the inframe Shearers on my FAST 421 dune bike... It seem to run really well, but again... The chrome was sub-par. I bought a set of BB OOF CPI's for my 14mil, and damn do they look good! Can't wait to mount them up, and see how she does on the hill...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure he will cover it jeff? thats th whole reason i sold my other shearers to get the new ones was he wanted me to pay 150 bucks to have them re-chromed. so in the end it would have cost me more to get the old ones rechromed then to just buy new ones.

Thats what he told me on the phone .

Are you sure he will cover it jeff? thats th whole reason i sold my other shearers to get the new ones was he wanted me to pay 150 bucks to have them re-chromed. so in the end it would have cost me more to get the old ones rechromed then to just buy new ones.

Were going to find out, after talking to jeff, Im going to send them back to shearer and have him take a look at them. If he says thats as good as they get, i will just run em. If they start to rust around the welds, I'll clean em up and sell them. Next time i will have jeff order me a set raw and have them ceramic coated. i dont really think it is a chrome issue so much as a cleaning issue. it looks like they need to clean up around the welds a little more before sending them to chrome. it appears to me that the bare spots around the welds look like slag from the weld that didn't get cleaned up and the chrome didn't stick. Oh well, everybody says they run like a violated primate, so i'll make em work one way or another. Thanks jeff for all the help.

• 4 weeks later...

IMO.. I think its going to be a trial and error.. A pipe that runs stronger on one motor might be the weakest on the next setup. Only person who could tell ya which pipe would be the strongest on your bike will be your builder.

If you got the pipes to try. Throw them on and hit a dyno and see which ones run the best for ya.