Here Ya go Dajogejr!

shanYE west

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks just like me....fat and happy....LOL.

I just switched to supertechniplate, mainly because I plan on hitting the ice once or twice more...and it stays blended with meth longer....

Mine have just a hair less color after a day at the bay and a TON of WOT runs...

Yeah, I do like to check my plugs...especially 07 being my first year on methanol!!!!

Looks just like me....fat and happy....LOL.

I just switched to supertechniplate, mainly because I plan on hitting the ice once or twice more...and it stays blended with meth longer....

Mine have just a hair less color after a day at the bay and a TON of WOT runs...

Yeah, I do like to check my plugs...especially 07 being my first year on methanol!!!!

I wouldnt be too sure about the tehchniplate staying blended longer. My buddy about lost a motor due the techniplate sererating with alky... Ive always heard and had great luck with benol.

I wouldnt be too sure about the tehchniplate staying blended longer. My buddy about lost a motor due the techniplate sererating with alky... Ive always heard and had great luck with benol.

Are you SURE he used supertechniplate and not just normal techniplate? The normal stuff does not blend with Methanol, ONLY the super does and it's 20% benoil.

I used benoil all year, according to KLOTZ's website, they say the super T stays blended in colder temps, whereas benoil does not.

Here's the spec sheet on benoil, says specifically don't use below 35 degrees.

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/BC-175-1.pdf

Here's the spec for SuperTechniplate

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-100.pdf

None of the other two stroke oils blend with methanol....do you think maybe your buddy mistakenly got the wrong stuff?

well, i dont know that for sure. I think he said it was super, same stuff I ran in my gas motors, but who knows maybe it was normal. I didnt know about the temp deal with benol good to know. I really like supertechniplate for gas motors too, thats what I ran last year and will run again this year since I will not be on alky anymore.

Castor927 has been good to me so far. I dont mix it until I need it, and if its cold outside I just stop and shake my bike every now and then when I'm out on the dunes. Shake the crap out of the can before I pour it in my tanks. I ride a good couple hours in 10-15degrees and haven't had any problems. Just stop and shake my bike up every now and then to be sure its still mixed.

I run the same oil with gas when I run my purge gas or my gas carbs on any of my bikes.

I HATE that fruity smell of klotz. Absolutely hate it. Can't stand following bikes around that smell like a perfume factory either. I have to pass them or ride beside them on the dunes cause that shit is nasty. :down:

I think redline's alky premix stays in suspension in even colder temps.. supposed to be some good stuff. I think it might be some pricey stuff though.. I'm gonna check into it when it gets closer to season.

Any word on the chrome yet Dave? Just let me know and I'll make the drive down. All my stuff is ready to go.

I buy my meth by the 5 gallon can, VP M1. I mix 5 gallons for the track. I normally go through 3 to 4 gallons in a day of racing, and if I don't give the rest away, I mix it in with fresh stuff the next time.

I keep it sealed and off the floor in the garage. Never keep it around more than 3 to 5 months. Last sand drag of the year till a few weekends ago was the longest. Normally, I race/ride twice a month.

I used Super M for gas, then switched to R50 for gas.

I learned the hard way to use the same premix for purge as your meth fuel....

My lectrons stay SQUEAKY CLEAN!!!! lol...

Jared...just stay in front of them and you don't have to worry about smelling anyone's exhaust...case solved...:)

Shayne O Mac...no. I'm debating if I should get my bike ready for Saturday, or tear the stuff I need off to get chromed. I told Evan we both needed stuff, I will kick him in the nut sack if he hits the chromers without our goods....:)

Sounds good Dave, I called a few shops down there but none of them would give me a price with out seeing what was getting done. I'd really prefer not to drive 3 hours one way just for them to give me a outrageous quote. Shop up this way wanted 300 to do the swingarm.

lol I kinda felt bad for hi-jacking this thread.. Then I realized I made it!

Edited by Fouledout421

No problem homie... He gets great pricing, been going to this guy for a long time. But, it's a cash in hand when you pick your stuff up arrangement.

My steering stem is the biggest thing I need done, I think I might leave the CPIs from Jared bare metal for a while, otherwise, it's nuts and bolts, brackets, odds and ends.

Will let ya know!!!

Castor927 has been good to me so far. I dont mix it until I need it, and if its cold outside I just stop and shake my bike every now and then when I'm out on the dunes. Shake the crap out of the can before I pour it in my tanks. I ride a good couple hours in 10-15degrees and haven't had any problems. Just stop and shake my bike up every now and then to be sure its still mixed.

I run the same oil with gas when I run my purge gas or my gas carbs on any of my bikes.

I HATE that fruity smell of klotz. Absolutely hate it. Can't stand following bikes around that smell like a perfume factory either. I have to pass them or ride beside them on the dunes cause that shit is nasty. :down:

better get use to klotz smell if you are around us at walden this year... everybody I ride with uses it, i follow my bro real close just so I can smell it.

Jared...just stay in front of them and you don't have to worry about smelling anyone's exhaust...case solved...:)

I try, but damnit, when my fat ass rides with guys like kiel its tough to keep ahead of them! :biggrin:

I have to build 10's to keep up with some of the 4's around here. lol!

better get use to klotz smell if you are around us at walden this year... everybody I ride with uses it, i follow my bro real close just so I can smell it.

Yeah, I knew that. I will have to get some nose plugs. LOL! j/k Some of the guys I ride with at KP run it and I give them shit for smelling like a bunch of fruit all the time. All in fun.

But seriously, that stuff smells like a bunch of strawberries.