pipe re-chroming

bansheejoel

i have a good set of pipes but look like shit by the cylinders and am looking to get them re-chromed i was wondering if anyone has done this and how much it costed them...i am kinda stuck with fmf's because i am going to do alot of trail riding and dune riding and here in the awesome state of michigan require a spark arrester...i would like to get t-5s but then have to fork over the money for arresters and fmf makes silencers with them in it or i would switch....thanks

Most places wont touch a used set of pipes. The oil can ruin a 60K tank of chemical.

Yep, Thats the truth. The only way I can get them done is have them cleaned when they are cycling out the soap tank. I did fireheads in 3 weeks. I just need time once cleaned it takes 24 - 48 hours to polish and chrome.

i have a good set of pipes but look like shit by the cylinders and am looking to get them re-chromed i was wondering if anyone has done this and how much it costed them...i am kinda stuck with fmf's because i am going to do alot of trail riding and dune riding and here in the awesome state of michigan require a spark arrester...i would like to get t-5s but then have to fork over the money for arresters and fmf makes silencers with them in it or i would switch....thanks

Re-Chrome for pipes run $150 per pipe and silencer tube if silencer is removable. So $300 Plus shipping might not be the best investment I also have a nicer set of FMF's that I'd sell too.

I'm going to get mine triple show chromed for 300 bucks including stingers here soon... The guy i go to for chroming does banshee pipes all the time, new or used.

You ought to have bk_banshee give you a quote. He is better at this particular task of rechroming than anyone I have met thus far. :thumbsup: