Adjustable Jet?

MarineNYC

People use those when they run methanol. If your running gas and ride at the same average elevation I would just jet the carbs.

If your doing pikes peak races where you start out at the bottom of a mountain and race to the top then I would say they would be good to have.

I ran them on gas carbs because there is such a temp change and elevation change in the places i ride. At sand mountian in the morning when its cold i can open them up and be running optimum. at noon when its warmer i can lean it out and be optimum. then at night when we go on night rides, i can fatten it up again and be right on track with just a couple of quick turns... Ill never go back to changing jets....

• 1 month later...
I'm not really sure about the "dial-a-jet" but the Powerjet's are for the main circuit only.. I wouldn't recommend them as a substitue for jetting.. The powerjets only feed fuel at higher RPM's. You'll still need to adjust your needle or you'll run the risk of burning down your motor.

ran powerjets in conjunction with a digitron and egt sensors and it is the best money spent....

Ya, thats what I'm looking for os I believe the Digitron and egt sensor. 530grafix where did you get your setup for the and where did you mount your egt sensors. I met some guys at Sand Mountain a while back that were running what I think may be the digitron and they had the egt sensors and it gave them a good heads up when the egt's got to high and they needed to back off during races or risk tearin somethin up. Thanks for the info.................

Ya, thats what I'm looking for os I believe the Digitron and egt sensor. 530grafix where did you get your setup for the and where did you mount your egt sensors. I met some guys at Sand Mountain a while back that were running what I think may be the digitron and they had the egt sensors and it gave them a good heads up when the egt's got to high and they needed to back off during races or risk tearin somethin up. Thanks for the info.................

egt sensors go 3 inches fron the piston face on the pipes. generally optimum temp is 1100 to 1350 degrees. but all bikes are different. get yyuors dialed in and do plug checks. then record your temp. jetting is a snap from then on. your bike will always be running tip top. just lean it out of fatten it up depending if it needs to run cooler or warmer.... check out digitrons website for more info