Build......100 hp on stock cyl?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that on a cylinder with a bridged exhaust port, you would want to drill 2 holes on the exhaust side of the piston in line with the bridge for added lubrication, along with relieving the bridge.

Yea that is the way to go. I am sure it isnt a problem if you have a builder that knows what he is doing. I think it has to be relieved because it gets hot and expands making the piston clearance a problem.

What about BIG Bore sleeves?

That is the way I went. I bought a set of Drag Ported Patriot Racing 4 mill cylinders that had a cracked sleeve for around 100 bucks. I sent them back to Patriot Racing to be resleeved with big bore sleeves. First bore is 66mm and final bore is 68mm. I just run blaster pistons on my 4 mill long rod crank. I wouldnt have spent the 300-400 for a port job then another 400 for the relseeve job but since I got the cylinders (pretty much just a port job) for cheap I thought it was worth it.

I got around 500 in the cylinders.

I saw a while back somebody on here selling a set of Drag Ported K&T stock cylinders that were on there last bore. If you can get them for cheap enough it might be worth haveing them resleeved with big bore sleeves.

josh