Build......100 hp on stock cyl?

I was waiting for you to chime in on this. Could I stick a 7 under stock cyl with out alot of mods? I know trenching the case but what else?

You can do that one of two ways.....both work well. Either way you start with virgin cylinders. First way...stock sleeves ported for a 7 mil with the piston popping out the top of the sleeve. Doing it this way when at TDC the top ring is real close to the edge of the sleeve. The second way is to resleeve with sleeves that stick above the top of the deck of the cylinders. I know Tony Doukas has these sleeves available. Either way you will have to have special domes cut.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you truly want the sleeper look, get the cylinder porting done to match the stroker crank and get the head cut so the pistons can run up into the head.

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't go larger than 4 on a stock cylinder. A 7 and 10 mil crank cost the same, the cases have to be trenched either way...and you're asking a lot out of stock cylinders.

A properly done 4 mil on stock cylinders will get you what you need...less cost, less hassle...to be honest.

Edit...

Just saw alcohol's post...I forgot TDR and a few other places make longer sleeves....

Running the piston out of the bore that much make me nervous...and the cost of resleeving, trenching, crank...etc., I just don't think it's worth the expense.....just My Opinion...:)

ok.. first of all ive been drinking vodka for the last couple of hrs.. so bare with me...

my local drag ported cyls dynoed like shit, but i wasnt to far of some 4 mill cubs--till the end of the track and then they would pull on me. my buddies stock bolt on bike that dynoed close to mine, id smoke !!! and he is alot better rider than i (he's my jockey)

i so... wanted the sleeper look.. i had the shaved stock head stock cylns...... but the 34pjs and cpi inframes kind of give it away as a just bolt on bike.

if u go 4- 10 mill... u'll have some big carbs and puipes...u'll have to !! or you may get smoked by some bolt on bikes !!

all these guys on hq told me how i could build a sick stock shee ... but also said bolting on the 4-mill cub would be the best step for power and cash. i too wanted the stock sleeper look,but for the power the cubs the way to go.

if u go stocker-sleeper . good luck, id love to see u do it. i said f-it and went cub. i love to see a sick ass sleepwer

Just saw alcohol's post...I forgot TDR and a few other places make longer sleeves....

Running the piston out of the bore that much make me nervous...and the cost of resleeving, trenching, crank...etc., I just don't think it's worth the expense.....just My Opinion...:)

......or you could just make your own sleeves. :confused: