hotrods stroker pistons

bunboy1

they get the name stroker pistons because almost no one has a stock stroke long rod crank.

but yes you are right technically they are "long rod" pistons and not "stroker" pistons.

and yes they are nice.

will they work with my stroker crank? do i have to run a spacer plate? can i still use my stock carbs?

be more spesfic in the details of youre setup. what stroke crank. lonng rod? etc etc.

i got the stroker crank made by hot rods. the part number is h129 or 4111. they guy on ebay says it is +4 mm longer stroke. i got hot rods stroker pistons 65.5 mm over, from motosport.com. i plan on getting the jugs ported for the longer rod. i also want a cool head. do you think i can get away with stock carbs and reeds? any help would be great, thanks.

The pistons have the wrist pin moved up 5mm closer to the top of the piston. That is because the stock stroke long rod crank, and the 4 mill long rod crank have conecting rods that are 115mm long. 5mm longer than stock.

So if your installing a stock stroke long rod crank you need the 795 series pisons (long rod pistons). That is it throw the motor together.

If your intalling a 4mill long rod crank you need the 795 series pistons (long rod pistons), and you need to have the head rechambered, buy a cool head with stroker domes, or run the spacer plate under the cylinders. This is because the 4mill crank allows the pistons to fall 2mm farther down in to the cylinder, and raise up 2mm farther out of the cylinder.

If your getting your jugs ported then have them ported to run no spacer plate, and get a noos head with stroker domes. That is the best way to install a 4 mill crank.

josh

The pistons have the wrist pin moved up 5mm closer to the top of the piston. That is because the stock stroke long rod crank, and the 4 mill long rod crank have conecting rods that are 115mm long. 5mm longer than stock.

So if your installing a stock stroke long rod crank you need the 795 series pisons (long rod pistons). That is it throw the motor together.

If your intalling a 4mill long rod crank you need the 795 series pistons (long rod pistons), and you need to have the head rechambered, buy a cool head with stroker domes, or run the spacer plate under the cylinders. This is because the 4mill crank allows the pistons to fall 2mm farther down in to the cylinder, and raise up 2mm farther out of the cylinder.

If your getting your jugs ported then have them ported to run no spacer plate, and get a noos head with stroker domes. That is the best way to install a 4 mill crank.

josh

i have the hot rods stroker pistons already. do you think they will be ok, or do i need the 795 series pistons. i also have a gasket kit, purchased from hotrods, but its comes with a thick ass spacer plate for the head gasket. the thing costs 70 bucks. i think i should return it.

i have the hot rods stroker pistons already. do you think they will be ok, or do i need the 795 series pistons. i also have a gasket kit, purchased from hotrods, but its comes with a thick ass spacer plate for the head gasket. the thing costs 70 bucks. i think i should return it.

I am sure those hot rod pistons are relabled wiseco 795 sereis pistons. What is the number on the top of the piston? If it is a wiseco part number should be 795M6550 for 65.50mm.

I would return the the gasket kit with the tick plate and get a noss head with stroker domes. Then you just use normal gaskets. The reason why your kit was 70 bucks is because of that spacer plate.