pancake bearing

bansheejoel

i looked on the site but couldnt find much so i figured id ask about the pancake bearing so i and other people wondering could learn a lil more about them.....are they worth the time and money and do they actually work, also is it a must for a light modded engine? thanks

its easy. you take the clutch cover off. take the 5 pressure plate bolts and springs off. the pressure plate falls off. take the stock adjuster off and put the pancake adjuster on in its place.

i think a pancake bearing is worth it on any banshee motor, even 100% stock. this is because motor mods dont effect the reliability of the clutch ball and shaft. the only thing that effects that is the clutch springs and how long you squeeze the clutch in while the motor is running.

WHILE YOU ARE IN THERE.

grab a set of hd clutch springs. run 3 hd or run all 6 hd. makes the clutch grab batter and the clutch will last longer.

mod the shift star. makes shifting a lot easier. this one is pretty easy to do. just need a 32mm impact wrench and a few hand tools.

install a billet impeller. the stock impeller has been known to crack, break or delaminate from the shaft. nothing runis a motor quicker than a broken impeller. well besides running straight gas.

check the condition of the clutch discs and plates and replace as nessassary. if you run hd springs it will keep the clutch from slipping and wearing out. if you havent put springs in yet nows the time to check the current setup and see if anything needs replacing.

those are my 'to do" list of things for inside the banshee clutch cover. all banshees can benefit from these mods. none of these mods improve performance. they are all for improving rideability or durability.

I like the cascade one too because it has 2 flat sides out on the end so you can adjust the clutch like normal. VS the one that have the flat spot behine the pressure plate where you have to adjust the clutch and take it all appart so you can tighten down the adjuster.

• 1 month later...
i dont like the phillips head becasue they strip out too easy

"impact screwdriver" 2 words, worth its weight in gold.

anyway, the cascade one is good but truthfully, you can get that phillips screw matched up to an allen head for about $1 at a hardware store. if you have no luck let me know we have this ancient family buisness called e lynds enterprise where im from and they are going to boltmatch every fastener on my cases to allens