which amsoil?

atvfreestylekid

Spurdy, what I don't understand is Amsoil tells you to mix 50:1 but clymers tells you to mix 32:1. Doesn't it matter what kind of set-up you have on your bike...pipes, carbs, jets, etc? 50:1 just seems too lean to me. I really don't want to end up having to rebuild my top end....

The 32:1 they say in there, is old dino shit premix. Amsoil on the other hand and other full synthetics are a FULL synthetic oil, which calls for 50:1. or 40:1 if your paranoid. Full synthetic oils lube's a shit tone better + burn cleaner. Lots of the cart guys run 100:1 with great results, as do some other dudes with other shit

Like would you fuck a chick with a dry plastic bag or a Trojan with the lube shit on it???? :whistling:

Know what im saying? :biggrin:

Like anything of quality, the benefits quality delivers are why we buy quality :thumbsup:

Read this>> http://www.oil-tech.com/sr22cyl2.htm

I use amsoil in everything i own from the tractor, lawnmower, chainsaw ,sled, bike, quad, car and truck for years and never looked back..Take your pic http://www.oil-tech.com/2008_amsoil_all_product_sm.jpg

Edited by savage420

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

927 or supertchniplate FTW!!! lmao

i 've always used 927 at 32:1. and supertchniplate for alky at 32:1

I fould plugs cause i run rich( on purpose, plugs are cheaper than pistons)

I resently inspected my top end and there was not eve a hairline scratch. i could even still see the hone marks in some spots.

i agree. to say that by switching oils it made your plugs last longer is pure nonsense. learn how to jet your bike and you will not have these issues.

Sorry...I know this is an old thread, but oil type shouldn't matter when it comes to fouling plugs.

Too much fuel/air does....

Sorry but if you had everran a yz 490 you would know what i am talking about. That is the only bike I have ever had that problem with and many other 490 owners have had the same problem.

I guess this blows your theory also

The other reason it is so clean is that AMSOIL chooses to use ashless technology as opposed to a lot of other companies that use ash-containing formulations. Ash-containing products are dirtier than ashless. This may seem rather obvious, but most companies use ash-containing additives because they are about one-third the cost of ash-less additives. This is true even with competitors