motowoz

xsinnerx

Yeah they are great and expensive as all hell. Ide get Elka Elites or Axis 3 way adjustable before I went and droped that kind of money on suspension thats only been out for a little amount of time.

Yeah they are great and expensive as all hell. Ide get Elka Elites or Axis 3 way adjustable before I went and droped that kind of money on suspension thats only been out for a little amount of time.

yeah, I wasnt set on buy them, just came accross the website and was wondering if anyone was running them, or had any experience with them, they look really nice, if I could afford them and not miss the money at all I'd get a set, but I cant so I'm going to go with some TCS shocks and the wicked a arms, or laeger arms, I just dont like how the leager only offers the +2 and not the +2 +1.

yeah, I wasnt set on buy them, just came accross the website and was wondering if anyone was running them, or had any experience with them, they look really nice, if I could afford them and not miss the money at all I'd get a set, but I cant so I'm going to go with some TCS shocks and the wicked a arms, or laeger arms, I just dont like how the leager only offers the +2 and not the +2 +1.

I just dont see anything so special that I would shell out that kind of money. I know a few of the GNCC guys run Motowoz but they are still unproven compared to Elka TCS PEP ECT.. And thats why I went with Lonestar I was gonna go with Laegers cause Ive had more expirence with them.

TCS are good shocks but so are Elkas what made you chose TCS?

Honestly haven't herd of those before. Its like another company name Halo Innovations http://www.halo-pi.com/frontshocks.html very small and unknown but they really look good and promising. Also what did make you choose TCS over say elka and Axis? from what i remember they are all about the same price.

what made me choose tcs was I wanted to be a little different,t seem to me but i may be wrong but elka seems to be very popular because thry spent a lot of money on advertisement and promoting their product, but from hearing from people who have used elka and tcs first hand it seems like tcs is the hands down favorite, just the impression i got from people that i have talked to so dont hold me to it just my re4asoning for choosing one ove the other

what made me choose tcs was I wanted to be a little different,t seem to me but i may be wrong but elka seems to be very popular because thry spent a lot of money on advertisement and promoting their product, but from hearing from people who have used elka and tcs first hand it seems like tcs is the hands down favorite, just the impression i got from people that i have talked to so dont hold me to it just my re4asoning for choosing one ove the other

Thats people liking what they have. TCS shocks were made and devoleped by a guy who used to work for Elka. I dont think they are better and I would and did chose

(for many reasons) Elka over them but they are damn fine shocks.

if you wanna go with TCS, go for it, they are amazing shocks. mine worked awesome for the tiem that i had them. And the shock setup was spot on the first time, i've heard of countless people have to send thier elka's back for a revalve cuz elka didn't do it right the first time...

Its all about ordering Elkas corectly and not from a pull down screen. Talk to Elka or the person your ordering them from Every type of riding what tires you have, your skill level, where you like your sag set the list goes on and on. If you know your needs before you order your Elkas (or any other shock for that matter) they will valve them 100%. If your unsure they will valve them off shelf after they test them on the dynometer. so when you get faster and know what you need out of your shocks you might need a new main spring or a revalve. Elka does valve them a little soft out of the box if you dont tell them exactly what you need.

People that say everyone who gets Elkas need to send them back or to someone else to valve them is bullshit. Elka offers a 30 day test ride. If your not happy with the valving within the 30 days you can send them back and Elka will valve them to your specs at no charge.

has anyone used their shocks or have any info on them. heres the link ............ http://www.motowoz.com/home.html

I am a newbie to this forum with a newly acquired '94 Shee. I have been breezing through this forum picking up bits and pieces of what to do......I came across this thread and instantly had to register. I have four different MX race quads with Motowoz shocks on them. They are on there for a reason. They are the best shock available hands down. The company has been around for some time....They used to be on the west coast till everything burned up in some of the fires out there. They have since moved to an owner in Minnesota who is taking the product and its reputation to the top. The company owner is the most honest and genuine there is. He will not quit until you are happy. They may look expensive, but are the top of the line stuff money can buy. I have had Elkas and they are nice. They do not compare. A friend of mine rode one of my quads and went and peeled off the set of Custom Axis to have some Motowoz shocks done. He also wanted to lose his PEP on the same exact quad as I have, but could not afford it. I think the biggest thing I like about all Motowoz shocks is that the compression and rebound adjustments actually work. They are not there to add to the looks, they make huge and valuable changes with a click or two. They also have infinately adjustable crossover rings which make tuning your springs a breeze while the shocks stay on the quad. This is not a bashing against other shock brands or against anyones set up. They are the real deal, and are here to stay. My oldest set is 1 1/2 years old and are still perfect. I know this sounds or looks fishy when a new user comes on and trys to tell how it is....But I am not new to quads, just this forum and my kind of ugly purple and yellow Banshee.

Call me @ 763.238.7330 if you want to discuss or ask any detailed questions about them. Or go through Motowoz's website for contact info. This is the most I have typed in a while. Thanks- Kevin

Its all about ordering Elkas corectly and not from a pull down screen. Talk to Elka or the person your ordering them from Every type of riding what tires you have, your skill level, where you like your sag set the list goes on and on. If you know your needs before you order your Elkas (or any other shock for that matter) they will valve them 100%. If your unsure they will valve them off shelf after they test them on the dynometer. so when you get faster and know what you need out of your shocks you might need a new main spring or a revalve. Elka does valve them a little soft out of the box if you dont tell them exactly what you need.

People that say everyone who gets Elkas need to send them back or to someone else to valve them is bullshit. Elka offers a 30 day test ride. If your not happy with the valving within the 30 days you can send them back and Elka will valve them to your specs at no charge.

i work at an elka dealer, all we ever put on the order form is what the customer wants (type of shocks), and some very general setup info. other than that we just put down the customers name and phone number so elka can call them and get all the exect details for setting up the shocks. I'd say we have to send 75% of our elka stuff back for a revalve... And yes, we emphasize that it is very important to be honest about how much you weigh and your riding ability/style when talking to the elka tech...