Round 3

Probably this weekend i'll have all my parts to start putting the engine back together,, after my last rebuild i noticed that one of my jugs had a clean-up port job so i had to match the other jug to it as best as i could, knifed the intake and transfers, i was gonna port the case as well but decided not to,,(is it worth it?) but i was just wondering where i should start with my jets? i have some 310's laying around and was just gonna throw them in there to start,. my mods are nothing major,, wiseco pistons bored to 60, DG pipes, pro-series dual stage carbon fiber reeds, stock carbs 27.5 pilot, stock needle, k&n inbox filter with lid no snorkel, trued and welded crank, stock timing(for now) tors is eliminated but doesn't have the idle screw holes drilled. any help would be great given the fact that this is my 3rd rebuid in about 4 months cause my mechenic had no idea what he was doin i think, wasn't even a circlip for the crank in it when i tore it apart this time, i will be doin all my own work from now on! lol thanks again fellas :beer:

post-26893-1200357565_thumb.jpg

Probably this weekend i'll have all my parts to start putting the engine back together,, after my last rebuild i noticed that one of my jugs had a clean-up port job so i had to match the other jug to it as best as i could, knifed the intake and transfers, i was gonna port the case as well but decided not to,,(is it worth it?) but i was just wondering where i should start with my jets? i have some 310's laying around and was just gonna throw them in there to start,. my mods are nothing major,, wiseco pistons bored to 60, DG pipes, pro-series dual stage carbon fiber reeds, stock carbs 27.5 pilot, stock needle, k&n inbox filter with lid no snorkel, trued and welded crank, stock timing(for now) tors is eliminated but doesn't have the idle screw holes drilled. any help would be great given the fact that this is my 3rd rebuid in about 4 months cause my mechenic had no idea what he was doin i think, wasn't even a circlip for the crank in it when i tore it apart this time, i will be doin all my own work from now on! lol thanks again fellas :beer:

You mean you had one ported jug and one non-ported jug? Thats crazy. Id start higher than 310 if you are unsure. Id go 360-370 and work your way down. All it takes is a few runs with it being too lean to fuck it up.

If money isnt a problem. Id send the jugs off to someone and have them ported properly then go from there.

yeah after i had it completely rebuilt the left side rod ate shit, after i inspected the left jug i noticed it was ported and the right was stock, some dumbass must have bought another jug and never realized it was ported given the fact when i bought my she the left side was toasted,, by a clean-up i mean that the cylinders aren't cut in any way, the intake and transfers were just cleaned up for better flow (knifed) and the port in the intake, above the intake i think it's a boost port? not sure but it was opened up as well. Wouldn't the left side being ported only make the left side carry the right side so to speak? cause i noticed when i was riding it that the left side would warm up alot quiker than the right side would, and when you wasn't on the throttle it would sound as if the right would quit running until you gave it gas and there was more flow from the exhaust on the left side as well,, both carbs were sync and i did switch the wires with no change. 360's and 370's seem a little steep for my mods i had 240's in it and switched to 280's b4 and it ran like shit with the 280's popped and backfired alot at higher rmp's, so i put the 240's back in and it ran great with good plug checks, didn't make sense to me either, but keep the info coming guys, it is well appreciated

post-26893-1200372330_thumb.jpg

yeah after i had it completely rebuilt the left side rod ate shit, after i inspected the left jug i noticed it was ported and the right was stock, some dumbass must have bought another jug and never realized it was ported given the fact when i bought my she the left side was toasted,, by a clean-up i mean that the cylinders aren't cut in any way, the intake and transfers were just cleaned up for better flow (knifed) and the port in the intake, above the intake i think it's a boost port? not sure but it was opened up as well. Wouldn't the left side being ported only make the left side carry the right side so to speak? cause i noticed when i was riding it that the left side would warm up alot quiker than the right side would, and when you wasn't on the throttle it would sound as if the right would quit running until you gave it gas and there was more flow from the exhaust on the left side as well,, both carbs were sync and i did switch the wires with no change. 360's and 370's seem a little steep for my mods i had 240's in it and switched to 280's b4 and it ran like shit with the 280's popped and backfired alot at higher rmp's, so i put the 240's back in and it ran great with good plug checks, didn't make sense to me either, but keep the info coming guys, it is well appreciated

Youve got a big ass mess. Can you post some pics of the jugs intake and exhaust ports?

the exhaust wasn't ported, and i don't see why i got a big ass mess when i've seen alot worse on here that member's have posted pics of, the timings aren't changed at all! i'll see if i can get some pics but i don't have a camera of my own, i'll see what i can do JMD thanks for the info,, anyone else have any info?

post-26893-1200386696_thumb.jpg

the exhaust wasn't ported, and i don't see why i got a big ass mess when i've seen alot worse on here that member's have posted pics of, the timings aren't changed at all! i'll see if i can get some pics but i don't have a camera of my own, i'll see what i can do JMD thanks for the info,, anyone else have any info?

Well I wanst trying to hurt your feelings or anything man. I guess I should have been more specific. My fault. Youve got one cylinder that has some porting done and one that doesnt. Even if its only a little its still going to run different and require different jetting. You have both carbs jetted the same. Im a litle confused on the mods and jetting. Youve been running those mods you listed with 240 mains? If so Id say thats way too lean. Id definitely throw those 310's in it.

Youve blown up 3 engines in 4 months. Id say you have a mess on your hands. But not something that cant be fixed. You said you tried to match the stock jug to the ported jug as best you could so that will help. Id go fat on the jetting and work you way down. Keep a close eye on it. These engines are finicky.

Well I wanst trying to hurt your feelings or anything man. I guess I should have been more specific. My fault. Youve got one cylinder that has some porting done and one that doesnt. Even if its only a little its still going to run different and require different jetting. You have both carbs jetted the same. Im a litle confused on the mods and jetting. Youve been running those mods you listed with 240 mains? If so Id say thats way too lean. Id definitely throw those 310's in it.

Youve blown up 3 engines in 4 months. Id say you have a mess on your hands. But not something that cant be fixed. You said you tried to match the stock jug to the ported jug as best you could so that will help. Id go fat on the jetting and work you way down. Keep a close eye on it. These engines are finicky.

You didn't hurt my feelings! i just can't believe you never heard of a clean-up port. can you explain to me how your confused about my mods and jetting? that confuses me, i live at about 1400' above the sea and and the jetting i had b4 was a little lean cause it turned winter, i know i fucked up! i am still learning, but all the 2-strokes i had b4 never had a problem with the cold, i just never delt with a twin b4 and i'm still learning. I never insulted on ur advise, i am sorry if it came out that way,i'll take any info I can get, i have blown up 3 engines in 4 months given the fact i didn't know it was ported on 1 side and not the other. thats why i am here asking for info, and it seems like alot of people can look at my problem and not give any info ,,like alot of the questions i ask on here,, i don't wanna piss anyone off um just askin for a little info, keep the info comin jmd i really appreciate it!