Anyone on here REALLY good at electrical?

01CandyBlue

I am getting desperate, I consider myself a pretty good electrician, I have never had to pay someone to look at anything I own. I am looking for the best of the best, send me your number or i'll send mine. If you can help me over the phone diagnose this electrical joke I will paypal you money for your time. It is not something easy or simple, I have power to the coil, no spark, good grounds, a clean harness, swapped coils, stator, cdi's, pickups, everything. I dont have an easy issue with a kill switch or something, I have tested everything. Let me know if you think you can help me, I am sitting here with the bike and all the tools right now, I want this thing running tonight!!!

Edited by 01CandyBlue

I am getting desperate, I consider myself a pretty good electrician, I have never had to pay someone to look at anything I own. I am looking for the best of the best, send me your number or i'll send mine. If you can help me over the phone diagnose this electrical joke I will paypal you money for your time. It is not something easy or simple, I have power to the coil, no spark, good grounds, a clean harness, swapped coils, stator, cdi's, pickups, everything. I dont have an easy issue with a kill switch or something, I have tested everything. Let me know if you think you can help me, I am sitting here with the bike and all the tools right now, I want this thing running tonight!!!

Send me a PM with your number and I will give you a buzz. We can find it. I will supervise with my cell phone!

Brandon

I got fed up with it the other nite. I went back at it last nite, basically all that was there was the coil, the cdi, and the stator. The cdi had 4 inch long wires coming out of it. The coil had about 3 inches of each lead, and the stator had about a foot of wire on it. I had made temporary connections and run jumper wires to everything. I had been looking at the harness and how it works, and I realized I was only testing power to the coil wire where I had cut off the original and twisted a new jumper wire in. For curiosity I pulled off the 3 inch long wires I had left on the coil. I checked resistance and got a reading of 59 M of resistance. I changed the wire all the way to the coil and got immediate spark. It is so stupid but nothing I even thought to check for. I knew everything was working right and decided it had to be wiring. I really learned alot and should be a genius at diagnosing these things now. Anyways, thanks for those that helped, it finally just showed itself and the bike rips!!!v

I got fed up with it the other nite. I went back at it last nite, basically all that was there was the coil, the cdi, and the stator. The cdi had 4 inch long wires coming out of it. The coil had about 3 inches of each lead, and the stator had about a foot of wire on it. I had made temporary connections and run jumper wires to everything. I had been looking at the harness and how it works, and I realized I was only testing power to the coil wire where I had cut off the original and twisted a new jumper wire in. For curiosity I pulled off the 3 inch long wires I had left on the coil. I checked resistance and got a reading of 59 M of resistance. I changed the wire all the way to the coil and got immediate spark. It is so stupid but nothing I even thought to check for. I knew everything was working right and decided it had to be wiring. I really learned alot and should be a genius at diagnosing these things now. Anyways, thanks for those that helped, it finally just showed itself and the bike rips!!!v

There ya go. Let those meters be your guide. Honestly, you showed the aptitude to figure it out, just needed to walk away for a while. As mentioned, we use certain tools to find problems like this but are not common in the garage shops. Simply checking continuity in every wire can generally get you on the right page. You bet that high resistance combined with such low amperage will equal, no flow. Glad you found the problem. Hopefully you can share the wealth of experience someday.

Brandon

LOL Told ya so.