Help!

Coolant is for sure getting into the combustion chamber, if your exhaust smells sweet. Most likely your head gasket. I would go through and make sure all your bolts are tight and torqued to specs as well.

yea if its sweet smelling its coolant..thats why cats love to drink coolant(it smells sweet to them)...then die

this seems like the most common prob. if its something eles its the seal on the RH crank side like someone eles suggested but i'd go with the gasket first. cheaper fix and cant hurt.

Ok, so I "tried" to buy a head gasket today and there is only 1 in the whole DFW area!! I wanted to buy 2 in case the head gasket is not the problem.

Does anyone know where I could buy 1 in the DFW area, all the Yamaha shops said 7-10 days to order it! :down:

Gonna go home and put it on hope to God its the head gasket, I really dont want to have to do a complete tear down. :confused:

my stock impeller was taking a shit on me, and shee got hot, then next ride the head gasket blew on the right side within like 10 minutes of riding.

it was losing coolant real quick. like a liter every 5 minutes of limping it home.

you "should" be able to see where the gasket was leaking, whick it sounds like it was.

while you have the head off i would mill it .020, especially if youre waiting a week for a gasket.

then i would throw er back on there and see if that was it. make sure to check the torques a few times, like before the first 2 rides or something.

i also used some copper coat on the gasket as recommended by some guys on here.

good luck :thumbsup:

my stock impeller was taking a shit on me, and shee got hot, then next ride the head gasket blew on the right side within like 10 minutes of riding.

it was losing coolant real quick. like a liter every 5 minutes of limping it home.

you "should" be able to see where the gasket was leaking, whick it sounds like it was.

while you have the head off i would mill it .020, especially if youre waiting a week for a gasket.

then i would throw er back on there and see if that was it. make sure to check the torques a few times, like before the first 2 rides or something.

i also used some copper coat on the gasket as recommended by some guys on here.

good luck :thumbsup:

I didnt mill it any cause I did many checks with a straight edge and feeler gauge and it was all good. I did find a gasket and it was the only one in the whole DFW area in stock. I TQ'ed the bolts it three steps 10, 15 then 20. After I did three checks to ensure all was TQ'ed correct. It was not leaking on the outside edges of the gasket it was on the inner edge closest to the domes and jug tops by the cylinder.

And make sure you install it right side up. Since your shee had a fresh top end mabye the guy installed the gasket upside down?

He did install it properly. I think he over TQ'ed them thats why maybe it started leaking. I dunno.

He installed it correct

So I got it on just waiting for the gasket maker to seal and cure on the rear coolant feed to the head then gonna gasser up and check for leaks and make sure the TQ on the head bolts is still with in spec. I will let everyone know the status.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!! :biggrin:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bought a piece of shit and got took :confused: ....guess you win some you loose some. Draggin this bisch to the shop on Friday. :down::down::down: Fix one thing another breaks fix that then somehow carbs get all out of wack. Fuck it aint got the time or patience(SP) to being jacking with this thing. Thanks again everyone for the help but one problem solved creates another one to fix. I will be riding again. Damn it! This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

**END RANT**

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bought a piece of shit and got took :confused: ....guess you win some you loose some. Draggin this bisch to the shop on Friday. :down::down::down: Fix one thing another breaks fix that then somehow carbs get all out of wack. Fuck it aint got the time or patience(SP) to being jacking with this thing. Thanks again everyone for the help but one problem solved creates another one to fix. I will be riding again. Damn it! This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

**END RANT**

What happend now?

It had better compression than before. It was running like shit and blowing a little black smoke while the other side was blowing the right amount of smoke. So I swapped the plug wires and the problem moved to the other cylinder GREAT! Well the side that dont run for shit and is blowing black smoke also just steady pours out fuel through the over flow on the carb for that side, same thing happens when I switch the plugs the problem reverses and that carb will do the same. Carbs are in sync and before the head gasket it would idle on its on just fine with the right amoint and color of smoke. So I go the the parts store and buy a new set of plugs, well that made it worse and now the left side just blows black smoke and the left side appears to be running right. The left side also makes a funny loud noise from the jug alomost like a little piston slap. I dunno. Before and after the plug change and after the head gasket change the bike wont idle unless its at half choke. Full and no choke it just dies right away no matter if I gas it or not. Im not a good trouble shooter but can perform any work that needs to be done, its just trying to figure the problem out so I can fix it. My last banshee NEVER had any problems and I rode the shit out it for 2 years. Im so stumped on this thing man! Im either gonna put a bullet in my head or many bullets in this f-in bike!