I am about to burn this bike down!

01CandyBlue

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just my .02 but I know that broken magnets inside the flywheel can cause havock also. If the people who worked on your flywheel lately accidently dropped it, you could have cracked magnets inside. Did you try swapping out with a known good one?

I havent swapped the flywheel yet, lynn at lc performance lightened it and I trust he would have told me if there was an issue, should the flywheel be magnetic as it sits or only when it spins creating the field?

I havent swapped the flywheel yet, lynn at lc performance lightened it and I trust he would have told me if there was an issue, should the flywheel be magnetic as it sits or only when it spins creating the field?

Magnetic as it sits. The flywheel is one big magnet with a metal casing

Thats right, when it is off you can set the key and the nut in it and they wont fall out

Yep, a long time ago I had a flywheel that really got banged up and had a small dent in the side. Found out that a chunk of the magnet got broken and it cause the polarity of the magnet to get screwed up or something so the flywheel wouldn't work right and had to buy a new one. At least that's how someone explained it to me...I could be wrong but it makes sense.

Ok, I am using my big drill to spin my motor, I am getting 32 volts from the stator, I am getting 6 volts at the ignition coil orange wire. I have hard wired everything together and have continuity throughout. What causes the coil to discharge? It has to store a voltage and then release it, what causes it to release?

Ok, I am using my big drill to spin my motor, I am getting 32 volts from the stator, I am getting 6 volts at the ignition coil orange wire. I have hard wired everything together and have continuity throughout. What causes the coil to discharge? It has to store a voltage and then release it, what causes it to release?

Tell me how you have it hard wired. Can you take some pics of the harness? I dont know what the voltage should be but this system works or it doesnt. Its a real simple system. If you arent getting any spark at the plug then something is wired wrong or the stator isnt making power. You've tried another CDI right? Thats what controls the discharge. We're gonna figure this thing out damnit!!