Quadzilla Vs. Banshee

MarineNYC

Has anyone ever encountered one. My shee has a agressive trail port by HERR JUGZ, Cool Head 20cc domes, Dmc Alien 916 system, V Force 3's, Trinity 2into1 35mm klein carb, +4 on timming. Do I stand a chance? A guy I know has one and he cant stop running his mouth about it. When he gets his shit together we will probally be dragging on a dirt road and on a paved road. I know that there is no replacement for displacement, but can I talk any smack at all?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I can recall the Dirtwheels/3&4 Wheeler shootouts. Stock and in new condition the Banshee gets a couple lengths on the holeshot but the 500 grows longer legs and is faster. 20 years later and it's probably a different story because your more than likely not talking about stock motors.

I raced my buddys cousin's zilla a few times on a dirt road. Both of us just had pipes at the time and he would pull about one or two feet on me in each gear.

Over the last year he hasnt done shit to his zilla but ride it, and my shee is a bit more F.A.S.T. so I think I can take him.

But all things being equal (mod for mod)...the zillas a little faster than a shee. :ermm:

my 87 LT250R was not a slow bike. it was ported with a pipe and all your normal mods. it would take my banshee no problem and It ran dead even with my buddies ported banshee and im 80 heavier. those bike are no joke, the 500 can only be that much better. good luck but, i think the 500 will win.

Back in the day when these bikes where new, one of the big mags did a write up on the two and the 500 came out on top barelly. I had a guy living near me, thats all he would ride,. he had like 4 of those things in his garage with a few incomplete and those fkrs where fast! Your bike would stomp a stock 500 with the mods,. so it depends on what hes go goin on inside the frame rails. If they wherent so hard to come across and so frikin ugly, Id have one.

I raced against one in the horsedrags last season. His was a well built and maintained machine. I smoked him off the line, but he caught my ass! My banshee isn't all that built though. If you want a sure way to beat a zilla, put a couple of turns in the race :thumbsup:

Ryan

Has anyone ever encountered one. My shee has a agressive trail port by HERR JUGZ, Cool Head 20cc domes, Dmc Alien 916 system, V Force 3's, Trinity 2into1 35mm klein carb, +4 on timming. \

You have the wrong setup for drag racing. If the Zilla is drag ported I would say the race is over before it began. Guess you will just have to race him to see how it comes out.

You have the wrong setup for drag racing. If the Zilla is drag ported I would say the race is over before it began. Guess you will just have to race him to see how it comes out.

I've had a 1988 Quadzilla for 5 years. Lets just say I dont miss it. I also had 3 banshees, from bone stock to crazy fast, and one somewhere in the middle. EVERYONE could beat that zilla in a race, not to mention I never had to push a banshee home. Race him. put some money on it. you'll WIN.