Best 2 Stroke Oil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres what i think. anyone with a suzuki zilla name on a banshee site has to be a salad tossing queer. who would use a zilla name on any site for that matter. everyone knows them things were junk. .64oz more oil per gallon is hardly anything in my book. who goes around changing their mix between 50 and 40:1 anyways. sounds gay to me

50:1 is for weak sauce engines. but beyond that why would anyone swap back and forth between ratios. help me understand here, 50:1 is good for riding in grammas back yard then 40:1 for racing your fmf piped 40hp turd at the dunes ? the extra .64oz of oil aint gonna win you any races . i dont get it but what ever

Edited by registered user

I'm one of the few that run the Bel-Ray MC-1 synthetic 50:1. Seems most stay away from this oil but I don't know why. Its probably the most expensive to get and hard to find and that could be why. I buy it by the case. I don't ride but a couple weekends out of the year so a case and maybe a couple extra bottles goes through an entire season.

I'm one of the few that run the Bel-Ray MC-1 synthetic 50:1. Seems most stay away from this oil but I don't know why. Its probably the most expensive to get and hard to find and that could be why. I buy it by the case. I don't ride but a couple weekends out of the year so a case and maybe a couple extra bottles goes through an entire season.

Bel-ray is all I can get around here. Being that it's made here in Nj I guess that's why.

But it's so expensive because they have like 11 people working there manually filling the bottles. And there main product isn't even motorcycle oils. They make mining oil. The mc stuff is just a side thing.

are you retarded or just really stupid?

32:1 is 4 oz of oil per a gallon

40:1 is 3.2 oz of oil per a gallon

50:1 is 2.56 oz of oil per a gallon.

Simple math will show that going from 50:1 to 40:1 is an increase of 25% of oil. 25% is something.

Again, simple math will show that going from 40:1 to 32:1 is an increase of 25% of oil. Hmmm same percent increase.

For some more simple math, going from 50:1 to 32:1 is an increase of 56.25% of oil.

Now working our way backwards.

Going from 32:1 to 40:1 will be a decrease of 20% of oil.

Going from 40:1 to 50:1 will be a decrease of 20% of oil.

Finally, going from 32:1 to 50:1 will be a decrease of 36% of oil.

Great post, those are the guidelines I follow. I run a mix of premium pump and race gas in My banshee, CR's and the Chainsaw. Gas is pretty crappy nowdays. My stock head is milled and rechambered but the compression isn't real high. I honestly can't remember. But when I'm putting a bigger load on the machine like sand I go with the richer mixtures for any machine I'm running. The chainsaw calls for it, and whenever I use it it's getting flogged, so that's just a good idea. For hard pack and general trail riding when I'm not running wide open almost alld the time I go 50 to 1. Baisic motorwork for my banshee, I'm not the fastest or slowest machine out there. But I can beat the kids on 450's and that's all I cared about :)  Some ppl on here have alot of miss -placed aggression too, lmao

• 2 weeks later...

there is no best oil...only everyone's favorite to run.

As long as it's not Crisco or Mazola in a can...and mixed at a normal ratio...you'll be fine.

Proper jetting and air filter maintenance are more important than oil type, IMO...

very true it many times turns into a pissing match or just an opinion poll

its scary how many guys overlook things like regular air filter maintenance

it is frightening when i get a new toy and i clean out the air filter for the first time

any good quality oil should protect pretty well

i used the AMSOIL 100:1 at a ratio of 64:1 for several years and was overall prtty happy with it

bu i think i am getting more wrist pin wear than what i would like to see so i will likely be switching to something else in the near future

i guess i will be buying a small bottle of several different oils and see how the chainsaws and the lawn mower like it first

i do believe crisco or canola oil has been used, and was used for tracing , not positive, some dont tell secrets , its clean oil and is high temp to break down

if you change the ratio check the jetting as well make sure your not to lean,a lil wet or dark brown is better than scorched, i hate to see someone fry their motor, this is just a suggestion , not bashing anyone

there are a lot of good oils, i prefer klotz 40:1

maxima, bel ray, amsoil , yamalube, hp2, golden spectro, xps, qucik silver, sno mobile oils ect...... lots of diff oils out there, its better to have a lil to much than not enough, just saying guys, a ratio tight cup is nice, but the cheap fuckers get cold and brakes easily