Boring and clutch shaft questions

i just got new vitos .050 over pistons and they dnt fit in my cylinders..ovb i was woundering should i bring it to a machine shop and have them bored out to accomidate the new pistons or will honing them work? im not shore of the old bore size bc the pistons are covered in carbon but i bet the stock 64mm

so bore or hone?

and anyone know how to get the clutch shaft out i pulled on it like clymers said and it only came out about an inch and now its stuck?!?! the clutch cover is off and thats it should i take the clutch basket off and then it will come out?

thanks in advance bc i no u guys will be able to help.

why did u buy .050 pistons?? was the engine low on compression?? sometimes a light hone and new rings can be the fix, you should always clean the piston to see what bore its on.. never bore unless you have to, and if you have to bore go as little as possible, always let a machine shop bore your cylinders too.. and the clutch shaft, are you talking about the one that runs with the big ball bearing?? i had to split the cases one time on a motor, the other end of the shaft was flared out, guess it had the welded clutch rod/ball once upon a time..

i orders .020 over and thy sent me .050 over it was on ebay and i dnt remember who i got em from + i dnt have that much time to send them back if possible and wait bc i need to ride it soon, plus i was looking for a little more power and there was blow back in the cylinders so i fig. well its open just do it all at once.. but my question is should it be bored or honed i mean .050 is not that much and i can save a buck if i hone em myself.

never bore unless you have to, and if you have to bore go as little as possible,

Boring when it isn't needed just wastes the life of the motor. Asking the same question different ways does not change anyones opinion. Just because your in a hurry to get your engine running doesn't make it a good decision to bore when it is not needed. That is just a personel choice you have to make. Over boring for more cc to equal more power is silly. You would never be able to tell the difference between 64mm stock pistons and 65mm (0.40" over) pistons anyway.

To determine if it needs bored you need to measure the current diameter of the bore in several spots. It is detailed in a Clymer's manuel. You could probably hone it out to 1.25mm over but it might take a year or 2 if it is at 64mm. Measure and find out what you have. Then make your decision. "Measure first, order second". Taking shortcuts will only cost you more money, headaches, frustration, and riding time!

SP

Edited by spurdy

im nmot looking for an opinion im say should it get bored or honed. can i hone the cylinder to make it fit or do i need to bring it to the shop and get it bored. i dnt care about the life of the motor i can always get a new sleeve. and i did measure first but got fucked on ebay.