cascade CPI's

You should go a head and order them. That way your in line. I had mine on order for a month before I got them. I dont think they will save you some since there is a line of people that have alread payed.

Yea deffinatly get a port job. Your shee will be a totaly different animal.

You could buy a set of bare pipes from CPI and then send them to bk_banshee on here to be chromed. THe process is shockingly similar. I am not sure what the price difference might be, but it could cut some lead time out of it. :thumbsup:

You could buy a set of bare pipes from CPI and then send them to bk_banshee on here to be chromed. THe process is shockingly similar. I am not sure what the price difference might be, but it could cut some lead time out of it. :thumbsup:

thanks for the info, but I just came accross an offer for some t-5's which appear to be in excellent shape for a pretty good price, if this deal falls through i just might have to hit up bk_banshee.

There are a couple reasons why people complain that CPI's (and I'm sure Shear's too) chrome is horrible! It's because they have a lot of dealers that buy their pipes bare 'cause they're a lot cheaper. They then put a cheap chrome on them, sell them for cheap, and claim that they're all CPI's. I'm a dealer for CPI and I tried selling their pipes on the internet but couldn't compete with others prices. So I called Ashley (CPI's receptionist) and asked how can people sell their pipes for cheaper then they're giving me them for as a dealer. She explained what I just stated. I live close to CPI's shop so I'm constantly there with them and seen/sold a lot of pipes for them and haven't had any problems. I've got close to 15 dune trips just this year on set of them and they still look awesome. If you're interested in a set from CPI I'll sell you some for $495 (big or small bore) in chrome brand new. I drive to their shop and pick them up and send them to you. My suggestion is regardless of who you get your pipes from, make sure it's not just some cheap dealer. If someone's got a good rep, whether they chrome them themselves or not, and it's a good deal go with it. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

There are a couple reasons why people complain that CPI's (and I'm sure Shear's too) chrome is horrible! It's because they have a lot of dealers that buy their pipes bare 'cause they're a lot cheaper. They then put a cheap chrome on them, sell them for cheap, and claim that they're all CPI's. I'm a dealer for CPI and I tried selling their pipes on the internet but couldn't compete with others prices. So I called Ashley (CPI's receptionist) and asked how can people sell their pipes for cheaper then they're giving me them for as a dealer. She explained what I just stated. I live close to CPI's shop so I'm constantly there with them and seen/sold a lot of pipes for them and haven't had any problems. I've got close to 15 dune trips just this year on set of them and they still look awesome. If you're interested in a set from CPI I'll sell you some for $495 (big or small bore) in chrome brand new. I drive to their shop and pick them up and send them to you. My suggestion is regardless of who you get your pipes from, make sure it's not just some cheap dealer. If someone's got a good rep, whether they chrome them themselves or not, and it's a good deal go with it. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Hey man thanks a lot, I will definatly keep you in mind if I deciede to go with cpi's. I should know by saturday morning so i'll pm you and let you know either way, again thanks a lot!!!

If that is the case then people need to say where they bought there crappy chrome pipes from. I would think CPI would help in that too because it is kind of bad rep for CPI.

If that is the case then people need to say where they bought there crappy chrome pipes from. I would think CPI would help in that too because it is kind of bad rep for CPI.

Yeah they should but people don't want the reliability. CPI will always warranty their pipes regardless of where you got them. And they do warranty their chrome. So if the chrome does start to flake send it back and they'll either give you a new set or have yours re-chromed.

I worked at a shop that was a dealer for CPI, Got them chromed from CPI direct..... still shitty chrome compared to what I have the hook up with now. The problem as other have stated Cali is so EPA regulated that they can't use a chemical that is vitial to GOOD chrome that will last. If you get NEW BARE pipes from CPI's I can chrome the aluminum silencers, Can't to it on the used ones. Can never really get all the oils out of the aluinum. (found out by messing up a $65K tank)

Just so everyone knows, I do chrome on the side not as a living. Pipes run $150 per pipe and that includes the stinger tube but not the silencer as most are aluminim. If you want the new aluminum silencers chromed it will run a little extra. If pipes are new the turnaround time is very quick, if used they may take up to a month to get cleaned in the caustic tank.

worked at a shop that was a dealer for CPI, Got them chromed from CPI direct..... still shitty chrome compared to what I have the hook up with now. The problem as other have stated Cali is so EPA regulated that they can't use a chemical that is vitial to GOOD chrome that will last. If you get NEW BARE pipes from CPI's I can chrome the aluminum silencers, Can't to it on the used ones. Can never really get all the oils out of the aluinum. (found out by messing up a $65K tank)

Just so everyone knows, I do chrome on the side not as a living. Pipes run $150 per pipe and that includes the stinger tube but not the silencer as most are aluminim. If you want the new aluminum silencers chromed it will run a little extra. If pipes are new the turnaround time is very quick, if used they may take up to a month to get cleaned in the caustic tank.

I have a couple questions for you. Do you plate and buff copper first or just etch / clean and plate the Chrome on the pipe?

I did some plating back in the early nineties. Best "chroming" i ever did was on a sheetmetal intake for a small block chevy. took it fresh from the welders, smoothed the weld down a bit and plated it with copper, buffed that all kinds of shiny then went with 3 layers of nickel buffing each out after the plate. Wish I took pictures of that.

I hear you on the used aluminum that stuff is nasty!

Edited by Toybreaker

I have a couple questions for you. Do you plate and buff copper first or just etch / clean and plate the Chrome on the pipe?

I did some plating back in the early nineties. Best "chroming" i ever did was on a sheetmetal intake for a small block chevy. took it fresh from the welders, smoothed the weld down a bit and plated it with copper, buffed that all kinds of shiny then went with 3 layers of nickel buffing each out after the plate. Wish I took pictures of that.

I hear you on the used aluminum that stuff is nasty!

It really depends on the piece for what process it gets. For most ATV parts they get belted and polished to a Mirror finish then 2 different nickle dips with polishing in between then the Chromate. This has been some of the best and most durable chrome. Copper dips are typically for bumpers or large flat and surface items since polishing might create a little bit ov uneave surfaces. For ATV parts this is not the cay as copper is soft and typically the chrome chips when hit because of that.

I'm not the plater but I have been doing this for 5 years now. If anyone would like all the facts feel free to PM me as I will forward those questions on to my plater.