how much do i need to extend clutch cover for lockup?

hiya,ive got my lockup clutch now and im taking my cover to be modded with a clear cover,how much does it need extending? if i got the cover machined down to the widest part ,how much more would be needed to give enough clearance,and will i need to mod my right peg? sorry last question,what is everyone using for the clear cover,special tough glass or plastic? doesnt the plastic tarnish quick? thanks.

Here are your measurements.

Gasket surface to the end of the cast cover is 3.5 inches

Gasket surface to the outside of the lexan is 4.5 inches

The billit ring is aproximatley .75 inches thick with a .25 inch thick lexan cover = total thickness 1 inch

Bottom of the Billit ring is 6.34 inches in diameter.

Top of the ring (lexan) is 5 in 5/16th's

My cover is Direct Drives Die Cast cover. You dont have to weld on any exension because they make a completly bran new cover that is extended. Then The billit ring bolts on to that cover. There is a groove machined in to the cast cover for an oring seal. There is also an oring seal inbetween the billit ring and lexan cover. I had to grind a little off the foot peg so it wouldnt hit the billit ring. You can just extend the cover straight out because it would hit the foot peg.

100_2178.jpg

100_2181.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2175.jpg