ERGG Carb Bowl Leak

so on the bottom of the bowl on one of the carbs(stock) there is a small brass or copper ball which the choke tube slides into (the left carb) and there is a small hair line crack where the ball goes and now leaks fuel badly

for now i used crazy glue to see how it holds but dont know if thats very reliable

what else could i do to fix it?

where could i purchase just a bowl?

ughh thanks for help guys

well the super glue is holding okay right now but who knows

how much should a carb bowl fun me?

i dont have a welder i do have a soldering gun though :geek:

thanks for the help so far

btw theshee i fired it up today withthe pipes on ... which is how i found the leak .. but man it sounds wonderful and so loud! its likethis .. papop papop papop .. i actually had to keep tightening the carb idle screw and card tops it vibrated so much

couldnt find anything on sudco

so if i go dealer then its going to cost me a ton

today it cost me freakin $20 for 2 290 main! so i say screw that keep your mains and went somewhere else to buy

super glu doesnt work

i dont buy stuff off ebay and i don need full carbs

so how reliable would a&b epoxy be ?

is that it just a&b epoxy no special kind?

yamaha doesnt sell just the carb bowl.

ab epoxy, jbweld, quick steel it is all prety much the same stuff. I used it to repair a crack in my raptors carb bowl. It would hold for a while but it eventualy will soften up and come loose. Permitex makes this gas tank repair stuff. It is like quick steel, the epoxy puddy that you kneed to mix it. That would be your best bet since it is supose to hold up to gasoline.

Permitex gas tank repair

okay so that permatex stuff sounds like it is good it says its permanent so should hold

where could i purchase it without ordering it?

okay so that permatex stuff sounds like it is good it says its permanent so should hold

where could i purchase it without ordering it?

If it was me, I would bite the bullet, and replace it either with a new, or used one. If it suddenly gets worse, it's not going to happen at a convenient location.

Any parts store should have it. Napa sells permitex stuff. If they dont have it on hand they should be able to get it for you in a couple of days.

I woulnt count on it holding forever. It will just buy you some time. Look on ebay for a set of junk parts carbs. Or just upgrade to some PWK 28's or 30 OKO's.