Stator?

MarineNYC

Ok guys. When I ride at night and let off the throttle the lights die completely. I do plan on upgrading to a bigger stator and better lights because I went riding in glamis and to be honest my stock set up scared the shit out of me while night ridding. Why would my lights die all the way? What do I need to fix?

well if its a ricky stator theres your problem and also if its not do not buy one they suck badly i had one for two days and then they said they wouldnt warranty it, even tho it has a 1 year warranty thar comes with it when you buy it

I use ricky stator products, and have done so since the 90's. Only times I see there stuff messed up is when its installed improperly, and I have had no problems with their stators. Not to mention, we had a bike that ran one of their 200w units for 6 years, finally we had the stator warrantied out because it got so corroded on the ground, that the lights wouldn't work anymore. Excellent customer service.

its funny you say that.. i have installed many stators,, oem and rickys.. and every one of the rickys i have ever had where junk.. they last no time if u ever get a good one to start with.. i guess some people have better luck.. the last time i said f*ck it.. bought a used oem stator, installed it and no problem.. i have installed many timing plates, done rebuilds on bottom ends, and so on.. its not a installation isuue with me.. i just think there products are second hand.. just my .02