chain adjustment

rubberneck

Ok so after I realized my new +2 swinger was built wrong (see other thread :down: ) I put stocker back on, and tried to install my new chain and sprockets. I had planned on running 14/43 gearing because i wanted to gear down a hair from stock. Well, I cant get enough adjustment out of the stock carrier to tighten the chain. I have seen 1/2 links in other applications, but never paid attention on a bike and never needed one. I have always had honda's before this and have never had a problem with adjustment. Does anybody have a 1/2 link, are they ok to run? I may just run by the local stealership tommorrow morning and pick up a 41 tooth sprocket and cut a couple of links out of the chain to get me through this trip. I know 14/41 will tighten up no problems cause that is stock and that is what i had. I cant believe they designed this bike where you can't cut a 2 links out and have enough adjustment to get the chain right. The chain adjustment was 1 of the main reasons I went to the aftermarket swinger in the first place, too bad that bit me in the ass. LOL Any suggestions?

Cool, thanks man, yeah, I bet if i ran it for just a short time, it would stretch enough to get the other 1/2 link off and go to a regular master link. I threw my old pretty worn chain on there just to look at it and it would work as is with ease. I am glad I put the new chain on and checked before i cut it. Had I just counted links to match up with the old one, it would have been too short. If the stealership doesn't have a 1/2 link I will just change sprocket sizes, only need it to work for this trip thanks.