Portwork sucks

Swaie

So I took a look at my cylinders and decided that I wanted to get some portwork done. I took the my cylinders up to this local shop in sikeston mo called C&C owned by Billy Clayton they do a lot of flat track racing and have some pretty decent 250r's up there. So I asked him to do my porting. No prob he says. He wanted 350 for the aggressive dune port. Okay. I go and three days later to pick them up and I was speechless. I these things looked like a 3yr old got a dremel for christmas and jammed it inside my cylinders. They look like $hit. I grabbed my cylinders and walked out. I am so steamed. :mad: Now here I sit with two chewed up cylinders wondering if they can be cleaned up with out damaging them. Does anybody do that?

C&C of Sikeston Mo, Billy Clayton owner sucks giant pig balls!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get some pics and art at precsion powersports in like arnold or near st louis you should have talked to if you wanted local guy.

maybe him or some can clean them up better. tell the guy you want some money back for his hack work.

did you ever see any of his work BEFORE you paid the money???

depending on how bad they are i can probably clean them up... but as others said sometimes ugly doesn't mean they don't work well.. now.. if the roof heights aren't even then u'll have issues.. what exactly is rough about them.. if the intake box has a rough surface thats not a bad thing... a polished intake area does 0 for performance.. thats just a person justifying an enormous price.. the intake box in gerenral does very littel when compared to the exhaust and transfer area work..

if your interested PM me here or on everything2stroke.com.. same user name both places

Edited by 370banshee

there was a big debate on here a while back, allpro 65 hp stock cylinders. they looked like stevie wonder ported them having a seizure.well it was my buddies bike and it ran like a raped ape. same pistons and rings for 3 years. it was 65 hp on pump gas. looks don`t mean a fucking thing.i ended up buying his bike , the only reason the motor stopped running was i parted it out. if the intakes are rough it don t mean shit. the transfers and exhaust is what matters.post some pics.

there was a big debate on here a while back, allpro 65 hp stock cylinders. they looked like stevie wonder ported them having a seizure.well it was my buddies bike and it ran like a raped ape. same pistons and rings for 3 years. it was 65 hp on pump gas. looks don`t mean a fucking thing.i ended up buying his bike , the only reason the motor stopped running was i parted it out. if the intakes are rough it don t mean shit. the transfers and exhaust is what matters.post some pics.

A very good point, often overlooked.

if the intake box has a rough surface thats not a bad thing... a polished intake area does 0 for performance.. thats just a person justifying an enormous price..

My cylinders were sand blasted in the intake box and transfers. Gives a nice rough uniform surface to help air and fuel stay mixed.