Burnt Up Clutch?

flattrakker

ok i think i burnt up the clutch on my shee. was going along in 5th or 6th let off the gas, pulled in the clutch, came to a stop, dropped her in first then began to let the clutch out and it didnt grab. i was idleing in first. i got my rope out and had a friend pull me home. i drained the oil first thing and it smelled like burning nastiness. did i burn up my clutch or do somthing else? if i need a new clutch what all has to be new or what should be new?

I bet your clutch is toasted. Call jeff at FAST and get a fast clutch. Check you inner and outer hubs for wear, check your basket and clutch cushions, if either are wore its a good time to go to a billet basket.

If you were going along it 5 or 6th and pull the clutch in and costed to a stop I bet you welded the ball and rod.

if so that can be a fun job getting the rod out.might get lucking and come right out but i wasn't that lucky.i would invest in the pancake bearing anyway.