opinions on my ported cylinders

assbandit

i got my bike apart i'm not sure if i'm going to replace my cyinders with cubs or just keep my stock ported cylinders. I am definetly going stroke it 4 to 7mm. my stock cylinders scream but i just wanted everyones opinion on the port job and what kind of port job it looks like i had them ported by some guy on ebay that lives in arizona and i was just curious because it looks like he could of done a better job

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x231/mc...p;paginator=top

The porting looks pretty good, although its impossible to tell by pictures what you really have. Most ported std. stroke cylinders can be made into 4mm's. For the 7mm's I prefer to use an unported set, so it does look like it has a bit too much transfer work for a 7mm set.

to make the most power you should start with a set of unported cylinders if you wanna go to a stroker.

i would really like to go to a 7mm cub but i dont want to spend 2000$. and i dont understand why a 5mm stroker would make more displacement than a 7mm stroker? which is better?

your gonna need to measure the intake sizes, transfer sizes, and exhaust port sizes. Also the intake and exhaust port heights and the transfer heights then report back. Most of the time when doing a stroker motor like say a 4mm. Then all the bottom port window heights have to be extended 2mm down. Also need to know the exhaust port width and your bore size. You cant tell much by just looking at pictures.

You just dont slap a cub set of juggs on there and call it a day too, not sure if you know that. You will probably want a lockout and other parts that it takes to handle such hp. You figure your OEM parts are made to handle 30-40hp...not the crazy power of a cub.

Also, what types of riding do you do with this quad?

this is what i have so far

pro design cool head

35mm pwk air strikers

4 degree timing advance

v-force 2's

k&n filter pods

fmf fatty's

64.50 wiseco pro lite pistons

dune ported cylinders

billet clutch basket

barnett dirt rigger clutch

reed spacers

white bros boost bottle

stock crank

alumimum water pump impeller

i'm ready to step it up and i want to spend about a 1,000$

Edited by assbandit

this is what i have so far

pro design cool head

35mm pwk air strikers

4 degree timing advance

v-force 2's

k&n filter pods

fmf fatty's

64.50 wiseco pro lite pistons

dune ported cylinders

billet clutch basket

barnett dirt rigger clutch

reed spacers

white bros boost bottle

stock crank

alumimum water pump impeller

i'm ready to step it up and i want to spend about a 1,000$

True and weld your crank $75

Cheetah cub (cast for stock stroke) $800

Pistons (65mm) $140.

That'll work...well a little over, but you get the point,

Or the 68mm set up..maybe $50 more or so.

So are those cylinders you bought the dune port cylinders? Or do you already have a set of dune port cylinders also? I assume you ride this quad in the sand? I dont recommend the cheetah cub for all around riding in the sand. It is a top end power oriented setup usually used for drag racing. If I did a setup like that I would roll with the cheetah power valve setup.

Cheetah Link

However, depending on what the porting is like in your current sets of cylinders, they may be able to be ported to run with a stroker crank. They need to be mic'ed out though.

man.. im having the same problem. i bought a 4 mill crank from badshee (thanks again ) but im not sure if i want to go cub or try and work the crank with my drag ported cylns. i really think mine have been opened up to much, im going to need to pull them and get them checked. i want to go cub but i dont need to be spending a grand right noe (baby on the way ). it was all a mind game till badshee hooked me up with a crank,. now i just sit there and look at it !! :( my bike runs damn good.. but i wish i would have waited and let jeff do a drag port and set it up for me. thats what i get i guess.