marvin shaw

kawiking

If the track is pretty rough.....sned your rear shock to works and let them set it up, and get a pair of works steelers for the front set up for you. Do not bother buying used, mostlikely the setup won;t work right and you'll end up spending more money by the time you pay to have them properly setup. I have marvin shaw competition's on my drag bike,, and they still work pretty good for me even when the hill is pretty whooped up. But there have been guys with less motor and better suspension that have beaten me due to shaws not being able to take the whoops as well.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/td...10142007011.flv

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/td...10142007097.flv

PICT0962-1.jpg

thats kind of my point, i run a strut on are dirt/sand track..... but when we are on the sand bar or little sahare im running a stock shock. my stocker isnt that bad... after buying 3 used ones of e-bay !!! i finally got one that was in pretty good shape. but like you always here, you can have alot of motor but if you dont put it to the ground then its a lose.i dont have a big motor , so im trying to use the most of my power as i can ! i was thinking of a comp. marvin...???

Everytime I talk suspension with Jon Safarian over at Sandtoys Unlimited.....he always tells me to run the shaws on big weekends when the track/hill is nice and groomed for the drags. They weigh quite a bit less than stock, which when hillshooting.....weigh matters alot. But If you are a weekend dragger, he always runs a Works...reworked rear shock and a set of steeler fronts without reservoirs. No reservoirs will help keep the weight down, plus you are not working the suspension enough to need the extra oil cooling. So you need to decide what is best for your conditions. I ride my bike from camp to the hill......and hope that the hill isn't too rough. I am building another bike and will probably go the works/stock way to see how much of a difference there really is. The main reason I stuck with the marvins on my black and green bike is for the looks. It helps to complete the appearance. :biggrin:

Glamis10142007017.jpg