swingarm

samc

could get a bare swinger for like 230, carrier and plate on ebay for 150 bucks you got fucked paying 550 for that swinger. and you could beat the swinger around all day long.

from wild west welding.

I was not impressed with all of the swingarms I found on e-bay. I personally do not like buying anything off of e-bay because you always have to worry about getting scammed, the part being poor quality (copying a basic design is using the cheapest and least amount of material is what most e-bay parts are about), or if the part is a name brand, the person selling the part is not a distributer so any warrenty is void. Look at all of the pictures of the swing arms on e-bay then look at the swing arm I bought

http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...TORE_DEPT_ID=43

which one looks like it will hold up the better (keep in mind I ride in coal with large rocks), which one will probably be the easiest to have any issues cleared up?

I paid $400 for a swing arm with a lifetime warrenty from a company who will probably be around longer than the E-bay seller. The bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Well I agree with you that you get what you pay for..But there are alot of guys here that are just weekend warrior and prob dont need to spend 500-700 on a swingarm...For trail riding and some other small bullshit you should have no prob with one of those ebay swingers and for one lasting longer than the other, if your worried about large rocks and such, if you have a skid plate you basically have no worries unless you like jumping which is basically the only reason you would need a real expensive swingarm..The ones that cascade are sick though, they look like they can handle anything though...

Where did you get yours for $400

Well I agree with you that you get what you pay for..But there are alot of guys here that are just weekend warrior and prob dont need to spend 500-700 on a swingarm...For trail riding and some other small bullshit you should have no prob with one of those ebay swingers and for one lasting longer than the other, if your worried about large rocks and such, if you have a skid plate you basically have no worries unless you like jumping which is basically the only reason you would need a real expensive swingarm..The ones that cascade are sick though, they look like they can handle anything though...

Where did you get yours for $400

The $400 price is what I paid for just the swinger, the total package was $550 with the round style carrier. I've heard some horror stories about some of the e-bay swingers and decided if anything was going to break it would happen to me (I don't have the best luck). I'm sure some of the swingers are strong and would last but like I said I don't trust e-bay sellers, I didn't want to wait for a couple weeks to get it (Cascade had mine in stock), and a life time warrenty from a company who will probably be around as long as I have the bike is a big deal to me. All in all I'm pleased with the purchase.