front end help

99bansheeAdam

I am kinda new to the world of atv's, [i used to ride a 86' tri-z] Anyway, I love my Banshee and the power..sound..ect. Down flat trails or roads I spank everyone. My big complaint is the front end beats me up down the tight trails. I've ridden my buddy'd 450 and it just take's so much less effort. I bought the bike used and it came with Fast trekkers on the front. I believe a razors or Holeshots would help. But is there a "hot set-up" without spending a fortune? I don't have the money to buy long travel a-arms and shocks. I'm just a weekend rider who loves smoking raptors,ex's and 450's.

some used a-arms and shocks

and the right tires help alot.. i dont know how people run those flat front tires..they handle horribly, these new skinnier, rounded front tires, with the center row of knobs, like razr 2's or gncc holehots, handle so well, and turn so easy, you gota try a set, you will never go back to the old style front tire

Thanks for the input guys. I agree new front tires are my first upgrade,since I already have Holeshot rears I will stick with them on the front too.

My banshee was set up to do some flat track racing up here and it came with a swaybar I already removed, so I think thats why he had the fasttrekkers on it.

700$ is a lot easier to swallow than 1800-2000 i've been hearing, let me know if it was worth the money. Again, I'm not out to beat Bill Ballance, just my local guys down the trails. Most of them are 450's and 400's, raptors ect...

It depends on how much you want to spend vs the time you ride. If you are balls out everyday constantly changing terrain HI/LO Comp and rebound is the ticket. Just whatever you do make sure the components are proven and you dont have to worry about fit after spending 3Gs. Im probably going for Custom Axis after this Elka LT Linkage headache.

some used a-arms and shocks

and the right tires help alot.. i dont know how people run those flat front tires..they handle horribly, these new skinnier, rounded front tires, with the center row of knobs, like razr 2's or gncc holehots, handle so well, and turn so easy, you gota try a set, you will never go back to the old style front tire

not trying to hijack this shit but man i love the flat tires i think the are alot better than the rounded ones. hahahah

Get some 2+1up A-arms and a good set of shocks. Total package with Fox shocks 700 bux.

Is this a price for arms & shocks? If so what a arms are these. Damn good deal!!!

You don't need long travel, standard Works Shocks will do fine on +2+1's.

I found my used Quicksand's for $300 & slapped on the yfz shocks. No they're not the best abut HUGE improvement over stock. I pin it on 4th & 5th thru whoops, dune & trail no probs. Stock setup up was not enjoyable at all. Felt like my arms were bout to rattle out the sockets!!!!!!!! :confused: