Stock stroke Cub

I am going to import a stock stroke cub cylinder, which bore should I get, 65 or 68? I heard the 68mm wisecos are a little harder to get than the 65mm, is this true? Any other info? I know for the 68 I should run the big bore domes, anything else, are there a big differance HP wise in the 2 or can I just go with the 65mm?

Thank you.

I am going to import a stock stroke cub cylinder, which bore should I get, 65 or 68? I heard the 68mm wisecos are a little harder to get than the 65mm, is this true? Any other info? I know for the 68 I should run the big bore domes, anything else, are there a big differance HP wise in the 2 or can I just go with the 65mm?

Thank you.

The 68mm bore pistons shouldnt be any harder to get. I believe you run a long rod crank with blaster pistons for that setup. If you thinking about getting a long rod crank to run the 68mm bore you might as well get a +4mill crank, and 4 mill cub cylinder, unless you have specific reansons why you need to stay stock stroke.(drag class limitations). These banshee parts snow ball pretty easy. For just a little more I could go.... on and on, it doesnt ever stop.

josh

The 68mm bore pistons shouldnt be any harder to get. I believe you run a long rod crank with blaster pistons for that setup. If you thinking about getting a long rod crank to run the 68mm bore you might as well get a +4mill crank, and 4 mill cub cylinder, unless you have specific reansons why you need to stay stock stroke.(drag class limitations). These banshee parts snow ball pretty easy. For just a little more I could go.... on and on, it doesnt ever stop.

josh

Yes, the addiction gets worse, :yelrotflmao:

Anyways I am going to saty with the stock stroke, because the hotrods crankshafts are not that popular over here, so IF my crabk gets shot, I don't want to wait fo a import to get new rods or what ever, the same with the pistons, I can get 65mm easy.

Does the 4mm have that much more power? Some say 7% and on say 80HP thats not enough for me to go through the whole drama to imoprt a crank as well. I KNOW the torque is way better.... but I'll think I have to miss out on that..... for now. lol

I didnt realize you were oversea's. I couldnt tell you about the stock stroke cub vs a 4 mill cub. I know on my stock mx ported cylinders to 66mm 4mill drag ported cylinders it was a big difference. Your going to need a set of pipes too, a cub will need a set of cpi's, or other inframe drag pipes to run the best.

josh

well you wont get the big torque numbers like youd normally see on the 421 getting but it will rev very hig h and very fast with more than enough power ,in a straight line dirt drag the times are going to be pretty close to a stroked big bore cub ,these are often underestimated and are a very powerful little motor when setup right .

Thank you.

The piston availability should be a worry. The larger bore cub pistons are generally batch ordered by Trinity and trhen distributed, which is what makes them a bit harder to a get ahold of. :thumbsup:

The piston availability should be a worry. The larger bore cub pistons are generally batch ordered by Trinity and trhen distributed, which is what makes them a bit harder to a get ahold of. :thumbsup:

Yea, what he said.....From what I understand Calvin had wiseco design a piston for a stock crank/rod combo for the 68x54 cub. It is sold through tinity and has an odd ball part number. They are a little more expensive than the usuall 140 or whatever standard wisecos cost....cost a little more and have to order them but how many people really go to their local dealer to buy pistons anyway?

That is for a 68mm bore and stock crank right?

Do you still have to run trinitys piston if you run a 68mm bore, 4 mill cylinder with 4mill long rod crank or do you just use blaster pistons?

just wondering. I didnt realize that the 68mm bore stock stroke cub had a special piston. Just figured you had to run a long rod crank with standard 68mm blaster pistons if you wanted a 68mm bore stock stroke.

That is for a 68mm bore and stock crank right?

Do you still have to run trinitys piston if you run a 68mm bore, 4 mill cylinder with 4mill long rod crank or do you just use blaster pistons?

just wondering. I didnt realize that the 68mm bore stock stroke cub had a special piston. Just figured you had to run a long rod crank with standard 68mm blaster pistons if you wanted a 68mm bore stock stroke.

You don't have to run the long rod with the 68 mm, stock stroke Cub..,.and you just run the Blaster pistons with the 4 mil long rod. I have the 392 (68 mm, stock crank) Cub and the 421 (68 mm, +4 mil) Cub, and I can tell you that the main difference is the front tires staying on the ground setting on the seat, even a little towards the back, and the front tires coming off the ground setting as far up on the tank as you can get. This is with a +6 swinger on the 392 and a +8 on the 421. My 421 makes my 392 feel slow. My 300 ft times are 3 to 4 tenths different.