33pwk throttle cable.. SS

wacko2000

So I slapped my 33's on tonight just to see whats up and what I need, how they fit etc.....

I have brand new ss throttle cable, I adjusted them so they where in sync.

Why is the throttle so hard to push?

what can I do to help this?

Please help guys, I cant see riding it like this all day.

Also I am running my airbox, is there any tips to make it fit alittle better..

I have all ready cut the little tabs off in the front of the air box and frame...

Edited by wacko2000

remove teh springs out of the tops,

take a bench grinder,

and lightly stress lightly grind on the edge of the spring to weaken them.

to it very slowly and smoothly will take a bit but it will weaken the spring to where its a lot easier to pull.

wes

Fitting bigger carbs, aftermarket pipes and an airbox is always a tight fit...

Most people that start getting motors ported, better pipes and bigger carbs will remove the airbox and get pod filters.

Wes is 100% dead on, cutting loops off the spring only changes the ratio, it'll be easier to push at partial throttle, but the same at WOT, making it feel stiffer...

Sand the edges around the spring (LIGHTLY, as suggested) and it'll be better.

Make sure you are getting WOT by holding the throttle wide open and checking to be sure the slides are going up all the way too...

When I had my 35s, before I had my SRP aftermarket throttle, I had to grind a little material out of the stock thumb throttle to allow the lever to travel all the way and get WOT out of the carbs.

Id rather not have to mess with the springs...

Will the softer springs that Jeff sells make that big of a difference?

also I didnt get to ride it yet with the bigger carbs, but when I started it, shee sounded different with the bigger carbs, deaper, louder and MEANER..

Is that normal for bigger carbs to make the shee sound different?

Also, what material had to be grinded on the throttle to get full WOT?

Also, what material had to be grinded on the throttle to get full WOT?

Take the top of the thumb throttle off, push it all the way, stick your finger in the back of the carb and make sure the slide is all the way up. You should fee the top of the venturi even with the bottom of the carb slide.

If not...see if the lever that the throttle cable hooks to is hitting the inside of the throttle housing. If it is...grind it so the lever can be pushed further...

what he said, jeff at fast has a set of springs that will do reat. i had the same problem with my 33's and man it is now a 100% better.. i also got the taller adjustment screws, and the metal idle screws, if u are going to place an order get it all, replace those crappy idle screws with nice metal ones.. you will probably spend about 20 bucks or so on all of it.. if u do it, do it right.. just my .02

what he said, jeff at fast has a set of springs that will do reat. i had the same problem with my 33's and man it is now a 100% better.. i also got the taller adjustment screws, and the metal idle screws, if u are going to place an order get it all, replace those crappy idle screws with nice metal ones.. you will probably spend about 20 bucks or so on all of it.. if u do it, do it right.. just my .02

Yea I def will do that, I dont mind spending the money on things like this..thanks for the heads up..

Hey Wes just wanted to make sure I dont start grinding down the wrong thing ya kno,

Measure twice cut once....