Best way to Secure 4 wheelers

akita8

We do a lot of camping at the dunes and there seems to be more and more quads getting ripped off. I use a large chain to lock the bikes up at night, but they don't make a chain or cable large enough that a bolt cutter can't get through. Does anyone have one of those disk brake locks with the built in alarm, if so how does it work? If anyone else has any tips on how they secure there bikes please share them.

I was thinking of possibly making a 12v system that has a motion detector outside the trailer and a siren. I sleep pretty sound especially after a few cocktails. Once the alarm goes off then its time for Mr Glock. :biggrin:

We do a lot of camping at the dunes and there seems to be more and more quads getting ripped off. I use a large chain to lock the bikes up at night, but they don't make a chain or cable large enough that a bolt cutter can't get through. Does anyone have one of those disk brake locks with the built in alarm, if so how does it work? If anyone else has any tips on how they secure there bikes please share them.

I was thinking of possibly making a 12v system that has a motion detector outside the trailer and a siren. I sleep pretty sound especially after a few cocktails. Once the alarm goes off then its time for Mr Glock. :biggrin:

all you need to do is get a sign that says "if you can see this i can see you thru the sights of my 12 gage" and people wont mess with your stuff.

I wood get one of those big laminated cables and string all the bikes together and lock it to a tree or something.

belt fed gatlen shotguns would probly do the trick

Gatling%20Shotgun.jpg

:blink: Might as well get a tank while you are at it too, maybe have an Apache on call as well :evil:

I agree with some of the others on here. I'm not sure the price, but generally cable is pretty dang duff to get through with bolt cutters. Maybe if you got like 1/2, or even 1 inch aircraft cable coated with that plastic...I would hope that keeps something locked up.

Kryptonite sell very good and safe stuff.

I know they sell a 25-30 ft cable my cousin bought one for his bought or something..Just have to buy a lock as well..

that would work feed it through all the bikes and then around a tree or something else safe and secure...

Sucks that we have to go through all this bc of the scumbags pieces of shit out there...

Good luck man

how about a glock and a 12 gauge. locks only keep honest people honest.

Sucks that people have to worry about their bikes getting jacked. when we ride the bikes we are not riding stay in the haulmark, and we are up too late at night to worry too much when we are at the dunes.

A 6 sided chain would kill a set of bolt cutters. I have had to cut the locks off trailers for guys because they lost their keys in less than a week. but the safest thing would be take all the tires off. who wants to carry a bike off? But that chain sounds badass.

Hahaha, I see someone beat me to the gun reference, I was gonna say 12 gauge Mossberg. Yeah, I don;t trust the Kryptonite locks, I heard the same thing about the picking them with a Bic pen on the news a while back.

I just use a standard chain and lock through the sprocket hub and the frame that way it can't be rolled. If someone is still going to steal it after that, I figure they were probably going to steal it anyway.