100 octane fuel

190psi +4 timing on 98 octane no problems. Static compression is not an accurate meas to gauge what fuel you should run

Um...yeah, it's the best way to guesstimate octane at first before tuning.

Also...you Aussies have your octane displayed different than us in the states.

we use the average of Motor and Research octane for what it's rated at the pump.

We don't have 98 octane around here.

It's usually 87 to 92, 93 or 94...then right to 100 octane and above for racing fuel.

I can tell you a 190PSI motor with +4 timing around here won't last long with 98 octane....our octane readings/display measurement..

i beg to differ, i can alter the exhaust port timing on that motor which will reduce static compression but will result in higher stress on the motor in the top end. therefore requiring higher grade fuel.

Fuel should be determined on numerous factors

I agree...but you can't throw cranking compression out the window as one of the most important factors.

between timing and cranking, they are the most important two.

Squish band % to bore diameter is another...for example.

O.K. fellows, i just put my third set of domes in (22cc +2) and i'm still getting 180psi in each cylinder. What can cause the compression to be this high with stock domes. Keep in mind that they have to be special cut because i'm running a 4mil stroker with a standard rod lenth without a base gasket and the cylinders have been ported. Thanks for any help.

O.K. fellows, i just put my third set of domes in (22cc +2) and i'm still getting 180psi in each cylinder. What can cause the compression to be this high with stock domes. Keep in mind that they have to be special cut because i'm running a 4mil stroker with a standard rod lenth without a base gasket and the cylinders have been ported. Thanks for any help.

Are your domes cut for the 4mill stroker or are you running a base plate? What is the squish?