Used Stroker Crank?

What do you guys think about buying a used stroker crank? I can find them for around 275 shipped, supposedly it only has 2 hours on it. Is this the wrong place to be scrimping? I think a new one is around 430, I am not sure what kind of deal you could get if you placed a big order at FAST or the likes. Well let me know if you have an opinion if I should look into the used one or just swing and buy a new one!!

Thanks

I bought my used 10 mil crank beginning of this year, 200 bucks. I put a TZ bearing on the PTO side, dissasembled and checked all other bearings, and pressed/trued/welded it.

Ran fine all year... Will be checking bearings and the like again once I tear it down to freshen it up...but, no problems here.

While these two guys ^ are among the few people that I feel I can trust, I'd have to throw

in a word of caution here.

I just built a 4mil stroker. I thought I'd save a bunch of money and buy decent used parts.

In all I was set to save about $500 total buying used. So far I have spent about $400 more

than if I bought new parts. Personally, I'll probably not buy many used parts in the future.

You might be a luckier person than me. I would just be very cautious about who you are getting

your parts from.

While these two guys ^ are among the few people that I feel I can trust, I'd have to throw

in a word of caution here.

I just built a 4mil stroker. I thought I'd save a bunch of money and buy decent used parts.

In all I was set to save about $500 total buying used. So far I have spent about $400 more

than if I bought new parts. Personally, I'll probably not buy many used parts in the future.

You might be a luckier person than me. I would just be very cautious about who you are getting

your parts from.

I honestly dont trust buying anything used.Nothing except cylinders and head.

badshee has a 4 mill crank for 275 shipped i think, i just bought acouple of things from him and everthing was like new. cpi pipes looked perfect. i think he said he has like 5 hrs on his crank. you may want to try pm ing him. i was thinking of buying it but my wifes on me about christmas ,and ive already bought some stuff from him. i give him a a+ as a seller...

i talked to a builder on ps the other day that had a new vito's 4 mill that he put in a guys bike but wouldnt pay for so he took it out, he was wanting 300 for it. i think it also came with a spacer plate. im not really sure how good vito cranks are.

crank was never used.

Edited by kawiking

i got a question......why would you have to reweld a brand new hot rods crank?????

Great question...(I'm serious, not being a smart ass)

Cranks are pressed together. However, as with anything else...any item that is not properly secured can come apart. Throw in the stress of an engine running 10K RPM, well...it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Cranks are welded for insurance against separating.

The hot rods crank have a very cheap, flimsy weld on them from the factory. Several reputable builders have reported this factory weld not being sufficient and the cranks still coming apart. My buddy JT (badassbanshee479) has a healthy running 4 mil cub, and back when it was on gas, his came apart too.

Having both the inner and outer webs welded assures they won't separate..