Sprocket Hub w/ Steel Splines?

Justintoxicated

So I have had my new Cub motor for 2 trips now and my stock sprocket hub suddenly has play in it. Not bad neough to replace yet but I need to start looking and saving for something with steel splines.

Any Recomendations?

Looks like RPM no longer sells a banshee sprocket hub.

I had a billet hub from Lonestar with the pressed in steel hex in the spline area go bad on me too................ :confused:

If you dont replace the axle then your only replacing half the problem.

If the splines are worn on the hub then they are also going to be worn on the axle. Sure if you put a bran new hub on there it might take some of the play out. It is kind of the same principle as getting a new chain with old junk sprocket.

If the splines are worn on the hub then they are also going to be worn on the axle. Sure if you put a bran new hub on there it might take some of the play out. It is kind of the same principle as getting a new chain with old junk sprocket.

Ill have to disagree, I had new axle and hub and now the hub is lose splines on axle look fine. I'm not going to be able to afford a new hub AND g-force axle every two trips. Thats just not going to happen.

And I replace sprockets without replacing my chains too. Sprockets simply don't last as long as chains. Usualy I can go 3-4 sprockets front and 2-3 rear before the chain needs to be replaced. Sure the next sprockets will last longer with a new chain but it's not cost effective to buy a new $100 chain every few trips when I can jsut toss on a new $7 sprocket.

Ill have to disagree, I had new axle and hub and now the hub is lose splines on axle look fine. I'm not going to be able to afford a new hub AND g-force axle every two trips. Thats just not going to happen.

Is your hub aluminum or steel? If it is aluminum I could see that since it is softer than steel. If it is steel why would it wear one out but not the other?

So I have had my new Cub motor for 2 trips now and my stock sprocket hub suddenly has play in it. Not bad neough to replace yet but I need to start looking and saving for something with steel splines.

Any Recomendations?

Looks like RPM no longer sells a banshee sprocket hub.

I think you should just mail that cub to me and I'll send you an axle and hub.

What the hell is up!!!

Word. Worn splines on one part will turn the other part into garbage very quickly. :geek:

I think you should just mail that cub to me and I'll send you an axle and hub.

What the hell is up!!!

Uhhu, sure. Not quite ready to go there yet lol.

Theres not that much play so if I really do Need to replace both I guess I won't bother replacing either. I have sceen many banshees that are worse. Guess it just means new axle and hub every season or 2...

• 9 months later...
I have the stock hub on a g-force axle.

What did you wind up buying for a hub?

I am in the market for one again and LSR is about the only thing I know of that is worth looking at besides OEM at the moment. (My cub wore out my last OEM hub on my red bike (my axle splines are in good shape as well (I CMM'd them)). :geek: