methanol for my banshee?

I have a 2001 banshee cool head, 19cc domes, .20 over, dune port, 30 mm oko, VF'2, toomy T5's, 5+ timing, +10/-10 plate, What do I need to do to set my bike up for methanol? I only want to do this because i have easy acess to ALOT of it. Is it possible to run this in my bike? What else do you recomend? Thanks! :biggrin:

" :evil: I WANNA GO FAST MOMMY!"R.B. :evil:

Edited by TexasBansheeMan

If you got rid of those geckos....it would feel like you already had Alky....:)

bump the timing to 7, drill the main jets and dump tubes out, larger pilots jets and install power jets in the carbs.

You'd be wasting your money converting those carbs to alky....get a new set. 35PWK, 34PJs or 35TM carbs would be fine for that motor....

Is your crank already trued and welded, as well?

And get rid of the airbox and get pod filters.

If i change to running methanol will I still be able to play in the trails Like I like to? Or will this make it a drag and cool type bike?

It will be better for trails because the bike will run cooler.But it burns twice as fast.Ill be running alky on my bike and Ill be riding trails.But everyone on here will probably bash me for saying im riding a alky cub in the trails.lol.

It will be better for trails because the bike will run cooler.But it burns twice as fast.Ill be running alky on my bike and Ill be riding trails.But everyone on here will probably bash me for saying im riding a alky cub in the trails.lol.

No...as long as you are VERY close to the truck (which...when I ride trails I like to go on a 30 or 40 mile loop)...

I think you should keep alky at the dunes and the track, people use alky yes, because it runs cooler and it makes more power.

Get better pipes, porting and carbs before I'd use Alky for the trails....

No...as long as you are VERY close to the truck (which...when I ride trails I like to go on a 30 or 40 mile loop)...

I think you should keep alky at the dunes and the track, people use alky yes, because it runs cooler and it makes more power.

Get better pipes, porting and carbs before I'd use Alky for the trails....

How long of non-stop riding you thin i can go with a 4mill Drag Ported Cub on 39pwks.Im hoping like 1 hour?Or will I have to take my 54 gallon drum everyride lets say for a 14 hour riding weekend?

How long of non-stop riding you thin i can go with a 4mill Drag Ported Cub on 39pwks.Im hoping like 1 hour?Or will I have to take my 54 gallon drum everyride lets say for a 14 hour riding weekend?

I get about 10 to 15 passes on a full stock tank at 300 foot a time. That's pushing the bike to the starting line, firing it up to warm it up...staging, WOT for 4 or 5 seconds, then idling back the return lanes to the pits or to line up and race again...

So....yeah, it's pointless for trails.

I get about 10 to 15 passes on a full stock tank at 300 foot a time. That's pushing the bike to the starting line, firing it up to warm it up...staging, WOT for 4 or 5 seconds, then idling back the return lanes to the pits or to line up and race again...

So....yeah, it's pointless for trails.

15 passes at 300 feet is 4500. 3.5 gallons per mile. Not Bad :biggrin: