reeds

overhauler

so i have a banshee with pipes timing advance and high compretion, veto pistons....

and i wanna know if reeds will help me out or not, and if they will what would be the

best for me... i do mostly logging road, and short steep windy trials werre im from,

if somone could give me some input that would be great

i have the same mods, pipes, filter, shaved head and timing(haha good old wiseco pistons for me though :whistling: )

i am also considering getting reeds, but i am wondering how much of a difference i would notice between a set of VF3s or boyesen petals in the stock cages.

i have also read that people port the stock cages.

basicly reed's are a one way valve that lets fuel into the crankcase while the piston is on the upstroke and seals when the piston is on the downstroke keeping the fuel mixture from going back out the carbs. the more open area your reed cages have the more fuel mixture is allowed into the crankcase, the more flexible your reed's are the more they will open allowing more fuel mixture into the case. basicly the upstroke/ intake stroke happens so fast on a shee the more free flowing you can make the intake (bigger reed cage openings, more flexible reeds) the more fuel you can stuff into the engine in that small window that the piston is on the upstroke. but by the same token your also sucking more air which is why you usualy have to lean your jetting with v-force reeds. bottom line is more fuel & air=more power. as long as you have the pipes to expell the burnt fuel & air you cant go wrong with better reeds...