regualtions at dunes

I found the regulations but am unclear on a few things, stupid newb questions, but are the 2-strokes silencers considered spark arrestors.

How many of the rules and regs are inforced?

Some say only orange whips, is it true?

Living in Las Vegas what the deal with registration anywhere?

I found the regulations but am unclear on a few things, stupid newb questions, but are the 2-strokes silencers considered spark arrestors.

You need a orange or red flag

I dont think the silencers are considered spark arrestors. I dont have any sparkys on my bike in glamis. As long as you dont do anything stupid in front of the rangers they wont sweat you.

your bikes need to be registered, red or green sticker in Ca. If they are registered in another state then I think you have to get a visitors registration. Just another way to some more money. Mine is registered in Ca, but I have not put the sticker on the bike sence 04. Like said above, dont give the rangers any reason to sweat you and you'll be fine. The biggest thing they drive around and check for is to see if you have your $90 yearly pass in the window.

HERE is the BLM link to Dumont.

2-stroke silencers are NOT spark arrestors unless they are stamped "USFS approved" or have USFS approved screen installed (the rangers know the difference between approved and regular screen). You can purchase a non-resident sticker HERE.

Amargosa requires flags, spark arrestors, and you need to stay away from the marked conservation areas. As stated above, don't give the rangers a reason to pay attention to you and you will be fine. I have never seen a ranger at Amargosa...and I don't use spark arrestors in NV or CA...some spots in Utah are big on spark arrestors though.

Bottom line: Use an orange flag, buy the non-resident sticker for CA, and don't do stupid stuff and all will be well... :thumbsup:

Don't ask for a big fine. Double Riding + No Helmets + No Whip + Beer = Big Dumbass Fine!

And I took this pic myself at Dumont, they'll get you for that spark arrestor if they want..

I've seen it at Glamis, don't create any ranger attention..

Dumont1102.jpg

Big Dumbass Fine looks to be in order here.