how do other shocks compare to elkas?

zach45

the age old debate.. im sure this is sure to stir up a few fights!!

id like to hear from people who have ridden all, or more than 1 brand.. i hate all the people who went from stock shit shocks to $1600 elkas and swears by elka now because they are better than stock..i dont like the name game, just like i would never buy a BMW for the BlackMansWish badge, i would never buy elka for the ELKA stickers on them.. lets hear some facts and comparisons

Edited by Michael Jackson

I have ran Axis Shocks, They was ok ended up selling them on here, Had some works triple rates Didnt like them at all!!! Got a Elka setup from NYUK and was very impressed also got a set of TCS shocks from a bike I parted out and I thought they was just as good...

ellison

if you had to pick what would you take?

ive had 16 banshee's total......... right now i have 3, ive had works. doubles and triples. axiis, ohlins, peps, tcs and elkas..........as fucked up as it sounds i like the elkas the best, the ride height is killer and set up right they perform great, they dont heat up....... mine are a little harsh at slow speeds but will take the worst of whoops, dont pogo my ass end..... and hug the track

Edited by Blue Duece

Works no not at all. Elka Custom Axis PEP ZPS TCS all good choices. I went with Elka because of the wide range of adjustability and LT Rear end setup. Ive rode them all and I was always fond of Axis and Elka. Elka does tend to valve them a little soft out of the box and thats the main reason people dislike them but if you specify you level of skill they wont make them as soft.

• 2 weeks later...

This is always a huge debate. If i had to put them in order it world go something like this PEP, Ohlins, Elka, Axis, TCS. Honestly they are all great shocks and i think you'll be happy with any one. I will say that PEP is known to have the best but if you get the right person valving the shocks im sure all the rest will work just as good. All in all Elka to me seems like the best choice. They have many options and they are unbelievable adjustable its almost stupid unless you know your shit. At the end of the day you get what you pay for in all honesty.