Steering stem,and tie rod problem

wacko2000

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your tie rods are almost 2 inches longer than mine, and we both have +2 arms, i would guess the tie rods are the wrong ones... ask some more guys for mesurments, but 2 inches longer on each one is alot...

by the way, you staten island bitches dont know anything about a good strombolli!! if you ever want some real pizza/strombolli come to jersey

Come mike you no you cant compare to our food....lol

My mother is 100% Italian..strombolisss are flowwing on sundays...haha

seriously though, do your tie rods have threads on them or is it the other way... do you thread the ends into the rods?

MJ thanks for all your help..

Come mike you no you cant compare to our food....lol

My mother is 100% Italian..strombolisss are flowwing on sundays...haha

seriously though, do your tie rods have threads on them or is it the other way... do you thread the ends into the rods?

MJ thanks for all your help..

hey wacko, i was installing my wicked arms yesterday and ran into the same problem, i measured my new ones and they are 14 inches and my stock ones are 10 7/8 so i think we ended up with + 3 tierods, cause at the most they should have only been 2 inches longer putting them at 13 inches, if i had a 1/4 inch shorter on both sides i could have gotten them straight i think. hopefully wicked will send me some new ones without me sending these back first, that way i can cut these and 'ride" if they work. Good Luck!

hey wacko, i was installing my wicked arms yesterday and ran into the same problem, i measured my new ones and they are 14 inches and my stock ones are 10 7/8 so i think we ended up with + 3 tierods, cause at the most they should have only been 2 inches longer putting them at 13 inches, if i had a 1/4 inch shorter on both sides i could have gotten them straight i think. hopefully wicked will send me some new ones without me sending these back first, that way i can cut these and 'ride" if they work. Good Luck!

hey man thanks... Really sucks though right? I hope you get everything worked out.. good luck..

hey man thanks... Really sucks though right? I hope you get everything worked out.. good luck..

dont knowif you got fixed yet or not, but i talked to the guy i got mine from and he said to screw your balljoints out 2-3 turns on each side or cut the tierods, i wouldnt go any more than 4 turns out, but thats up to you, depends on how long the threads are. "a arm balljoints"

dont knowif you got fixed yet or not, but i talked to the guy i got mine from and he said to screw your balljoints out 2-3 turns on each side or cut the tierods, i wouldnt go any more than 4 turns out, but thats up to you, depends on how long the threads are. "a arm balljoints"

Thanks man. Well cutting them would be my last resort, I wouldnt want to mess them up, they where expensive, But i got it worked out today, I spoke to the tech for the company and he will be shipping me a new set tom.. Like what was thought, they where to long..

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
shit like this is hard for me to explain by typing, I have an extra stem that Im going to swap tomorrow and see what happens, but when i bought my a-arms I upgraded to to pro heavy duty tie rods and Im almost positive they sent me the wrong ones. I did alot of research here and from what i gathered on +2 a-arms your tie-rods should be between 13- 13 1/2. Mine are 14 3/4.. thats a big difference, thats why It is so toe in.. Im hoping that is the problem.. I called ASR today and they will not be in until monday.....

How have you liked dealing with ASR. I just purchased +2+1 arms today. I spoke to Mike and he seems to be very knowledgeable. Have they taken care of you?

How have you liked dealing with ASR. I just purchased +2+1 arms today. I spoke to Mike and he seems to be very knowledgeable. Have they taken care of you?

I havent had a prob with them yet... Mike is a real nice guy, any prob you have he will take care of.. First when I spoke to him he made me go through my box and make sure I had everything that i was going to need.. I needed new dust caps and some other stuff, and het got it shipped right out, then there was alittle mix up with the tie-rods that they sent me and he took care of that prob as well....

When you start your install or setup, if you have any problems you can call him and he will walk or talk you through it....

which a-arms did you order?