Help me go faster!

moneybags

I am looking to make my 421 cub motor faster. So far I have come up with the folowing ideas.

Drag port the cub cyclinders.

Duneable tranny

Smaller domes for where I ride (4000 eve)

Swich to alky

Freshin up the top end

Is their any case mods that have to be done to install a duneable over ride? Are thay much differents then installing a normal tranny?

If and when I go for the overide. I will be wanting to install it my self. Has anybody elce installed one?

Anybody elce have any go fast ideas?

Current mods are in my sig.

I am looking to make my 421 cub motor faster. So far I have come up with the folowing ideas.

Drag port the cub cyclinders.

Duneable tranny

Smaller domes for where I ride (4000 eve)

Swich to alky

Freshin up the top end

Is their any case mods that have to be done to install a duneable over ride? Are thay much differents then installing a normal tranny?

If and when I go for the overide. I will be wanting to install it my self. Has anybody elce installed one?

Anybody elce have any go fast ideas?

Current mods are in my sig.

as for installing the dunable override its the same as putting a stock tranny in but you have springs that go in between the shifter forks.go for it i love mine and do the neutral down its only like 15$ more and its nice to have

and for the alky also its great i will never go back to c12. great power gain

Edited by 00tbanshee

You may be able to bump up you timing a little, especially if you go to alky. I went from what you have now to what's on your list (besides changing the domes and drag porting), and it is night and day. Dropped 4 tenths or so in 300ft. Don't forget to gear up a little if/when you go to alky.

Will I have to get new domes When I make the swich to alky? Herd people talking about having alky

domes. (???)

The 175 psi is at sea level. I ride at 4000 to 4700 evevation. So I was thinking that my compression would be around 140 up their.

Thanks

I didn't change domes when I went to alky. I've also heard about alky domes, just don't know the difference...and you'll need to actually test the compression, and not go by the chart.

I have tested the compression my self, at sea level. (175psi)

OK. BTW, 175 seems a little low for 19 cc domes; I've got 180 with 20 cc domes on my 421 Cub...but every motor is different, and even different testers will yield different results (so I've heard).

OK. BTW, 175 seems a little low for 19 cc domes; I've got 180 with 20 cc domes on my 421 Cub...but every motor is different, and even different testers will yield different results (so I've heard).

I was thinking the same thing. Thats why I menchened freshing up the top end.

My 06 stock cyclinder 4 mill has 20cc domes with 180psi. Maby I will go do another compression test. :confused: