blaster pistons

Coupelx

ive been searching a bit on this subject.

are actually blaster pistons used or just similar sized ones? ive have also read that you need domes matched to them, true?

does someone make a similar sized piston so i dont have to get new domes?

i am looking to add a little displacement without splitting the cases this winter. is it a viable option to run bigger pistons and still have room for rebuilds?

if i were to run blaster pistons (or other over sized pistons for that matter) what would the new displacement be?

Call Jeff tomorrow and ask about it. I was confuesed about what piston I needed for a 65mm cub with a 370 crank and he knew in about 1 second. Very helpful.

ive been searching a bit on this subject.

are actually blaster pistons used or just similar sized ones? ive have also read that you need domes matched to them, true?

does someone make a similar sized piston so i dont have to get new domes?

i am looking to add a little displacement without splitting the cases this winter. is it a viable option to run bigger pistons and still have room for rebuilds?

if i were to run blaster pistons (or other over sized pistons for that matter) what would the new displacement be?

No dont use blaster pistons to add displacement. Have you herd of the term Long Rod Crank. That is where the conecting rods on the long rod crank are 5mm longer than the stock rod length. The 5mm longer rod requires a piston that has the wrist pin moved up 5mm. Other wise the piston would come up out of the cylinder 5mm.

If your between 64mm (stock bore) and 66mm bore you use wiseco 795 series pistons.

If your over 66mm then you run blaster pistons. Most comon is a 68mm bore Cub.

I run 66mm blaster pistons. I bought a set of shot, drag ported 4 mill stroker stock cylinders. I had them resleeved with sleeves that start the bore out at 66mm and go all the way to 68.5mm.

If you bore your stock cylinders out to 66mm (stock bore blaster pistons) then you can only bore your cylinders out 1 more time to 66.5mm. If you did do this you wouldnt need blaster pistons anyway, unless your running a long rod crank.

If your wanting more displacement then split the cases and drop in a 4 mill crank. That way you dont wast all the bores that your cylinders have now. Plus the 4 mill crank will give the banshee more torque in the mid range.

josh

Edited by jbooker82

The bike has all the bolt-ons and is getting ported this winter, probably by jeff. I was just curious as to my options and you guys answered all of them. guess the 4mil will come next winter!

Do it now. Once you have your cylinders ported for the stock crank they cannot be ported for a 4 mill crank. You will have to get new cylinders and have them ported for the crank. Really all it would cost to do the 4 mill would be the cost of the crank, and a new set of stroker domes for your cool head.

I think jeff sells 4 mill cranks for 400-450.