please help

blueshee

So, I installed the timing plate at +4 and it made a world of difference. Then I put the graydon 2 into one with a 35mm pwk and it runs like ass. I figured the dyno would get it figured out but here at gordons wells its running like ass. it seems to me like it is rich, but I pulled the plugs which were a nice chocolate brown before, and now half of the porcelin is chocolate brown and the other half is white-ish, yellow.

this is with 210 main, 50 pilot, dek needle at middle clip, 1.50 out on air screw. with the stock carbs the bilke ran like a raped ape, now after putting the single carb on, it runs like it did before it was ported. front wheels dont even come up. please help cause im getting beat by 450s

that I used to smoke. Sorry if i dont make much sence but I have a few beers in me. by the way, I already tried a 200 main and It doesnt seem much diiferent

So, I installed the timing plate at +4 and it made a world of difference. Then I put the graydon 2 into one with a 35mm pwk and it runs like ass. I figured the dyno would get it figured out but here at gordons wells its running like ass. it seems to me like it is rich, but I pulled the plugs which were a nice chocolate brown before, and now half of the porcelin is chocolate brown and the other half is white-ish, yellow.

this is with 210 main, 50 pilot, dek needle at middle clip, 1.50 out on air screw. with the stock carbs the bilke ran like a raped ape, now after putting the single carb on, it runs like it did before it was ported. front wheels dont even come up. please help cause im getting beat by 450s

that I used to smoke. Sorry if i dont make much sence but I have a few beers in me. by the way, I already tried a 200 main and It doesnt seem much diiferent

I have had some experience with the graydon intakes.....and you can still get alot of power out of them. When I ran mine....I was running a 165 or 170 main with a 55 pilot. Clip set in the middle to start. 2 turns on the air screw. It was on a stock cylinder 4 mm stroke with a nice dune port. She ran killer. Compression was at about 170 or so. So in my opinion....you are way too rich. go spend the 7.00 on a couple of smaller jets like the 165 and start there. You will be very happy once you get her tuned in. :biggrin:

why are you running a dune port and a 2 into 1 carb?? imo you are choking that motor!!!

hum... ran great with two carbs, runs like crap with one. I think I would go back to the two carb set up.

If you want more low end, buy a 450!!!

Oh jesus! If his port job is actually a drag port job then yes. If it is a dune port then he is fine.

Try a 185 main jet, eek needle in middle or 2nd from top clip positon. 45 pilot jet with 2 turns out on the air screw. You may need a eej needle, but were your at now is way off from where I would start. Its also way off from what my bike is jetted like. Main jet and then needle are what need to be messed with first. If the bike runs better, move the needle in both directions to see if it gets worse or better. If you got a flat spot or a burble you cant get rid of, you need to change your needle to a different taper.

Edited by Snopczynski

You dont have to do a pulg chop to check mains. You can do like a 5th gear pinned full throttle run for about 3-4 seconds and get a good indicator of plug color where your at on the main. If the 185 is too lean, go up a bit. But adjust main then needle. I got my bike running best I could on Saturday. Ultimately I need to try an eej needle, but it flat out hauled and was pulling the front end up with a +6 everywhere I went.