Carb Sync Tool

Thanks to everyone for the great info. I didn't know this subject was so touchy. I did buy a carb sync tool from Jeff. I trying to figure out the correct way to use it. Has anyone seen those selling on ebay. I typed in carb sync tool. I got a gauge with rubber hoses. Does anyone know how this works and is it a better tool than what Jeff sells.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the same idea just work and mount differantly.. think of the one you got from jeff likda like being part of the gieco commercial. so ez a cave man can do it.. they are fool proof.

you want to take all the slack out of your cables and let the slide bottom out. then set your idle using the idle screw... get your motor to idle and then messure the carbs with the tool. set them to be the same. then start turning the cap adjuster until the slide begins to raise. do that to both sides and make sure your still same on each side. now crack the throttle and bring the rpms up and hold it steady, messure again and they should be the same. if not adjust and start over until they match at idle and cracked. shouldnt take you but 5 or 10 mins to have them set. make sure your air screws and everything are set the same before you start.

Thanks to everyone for the great info. I didn't know this subject was so touchy. I did buy a carb sync tool from Jeff. I trying to figure out the correct way to use it. Has anyone seen those selling on ebay. I typed in carb sync tool. I got a gauge with rubber hoses. Does anyone know how this works and is it a better tool than what Jeff sells.

I Believe that style of sync has to use vaccuum ports behined each carb. You could probably rig up somting to hook in to the holes in the stock manifold where the crossover tube goes. Those sync's are more for street bikes.

Ive never used one and didnt think I needed to, BUT after reading this post Im gonna borrow RIPPENs and sync the carbs on both my banshee and my wifes banshee before next year. Sounds like eyeballing it isnt they way to do it. Good post fellas.

LOL... I was kinda told they didnt do anything, and eyeballing was as good as its gets. Glad RIPPEN has one so I can have him sync my stuff, then I dont have to buy one.

LOL... I was kinda told they didnt do anything, and eyeballing was as good as its gets. Glad RIPPEN has one so I can have him sync my stuff, then I dont have to buy one.

when i bought mine jeff said i should charge my buddies to use it (kidding)...... i should of !!! all of them have used it !!! lol ! !

Not only are they good for possibly more HP/TQ but more importantly better response. I dont know anyone who rides a Banshee who isnt interested in better throttle reponsive. I have taken Banshees' with known good tuners (that swore on their life it was spot on synced) and was able to improve what they had! Do you have to have one?? No, totally up to you. But they are a really cool/handy tool.

Hmmm...sounds like snake oil to me... :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

It's worth knowing your carbs are pulling the same amount.

If you're pretty close by eyeball, you gonna burn an engine down? Probably not.

But it's a handy and nice tool to have. You don't eyeball spark plugs, flywheel gap etc., why eyeball something as important as the vacuum/sync from your carbs???