gearing/chain questions (searched)

13bturbofc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one guy mentioned to go back to stock gears but with the power mods i have i shouldnt need to go back to the stocks cause they will be to short wont they? my mods are delta v force reeds, JE 20.over pistons,coolhead stock comp.,pro circut pipes, jetted carbs, boost bottle..

hahahaha,I just read this and almost fell out of my chair I laughed so hard lol. Just one question,what kind of stickers does the bike have ?? cuz whatever they are,they should be listed with the rest of the POWER MODS that asphalt drag bike has.

What you want to do,is what bansh-eman said and go 14/41 on the gears.With those power mods and stock gears shees gonna rip&grip ten times harder then before[when shee had the extended swinger and slicks].

LOL

I agree,16/44 why would anyone run a 44 rear?

Because maybe that's what worked best?

You guys have totally thrown this post into left field, all the guy asked for is what gearing is best for his setup. Who cares about what was on his bike before, it doesn't matter anymore....geeeeez

I say w/ stock tires and your mods, go with 14/40 or 14/41. I've always liked running taller gears for trails though, makes it easier to ride, IMO :beer:

oh theres alot of them that are very serious about it. its all bracket racing and many of them are very hard to beat,lol. you should try it sometime,lol. its one thing to get beat by a faster,more powerful machine than you got but getting beat by a 16 yr old girl on a blaster really sucks,lol.

bansh have a nice nite :biggrin:

Ok, then I'll rephrase....they're not making any real HP....

I fully understand a slower bike with knobbies being more consistent...

Few months ago at the track a utility 4X4 took third....(Luckily, I didn't have to race him...LOL)

stock gears are good for all around riding... your doing trails and roads and fire break you said right?

sorry I'm a newbie wtf is fire break lol but yes I'm gonna ride fields trails and in the snow.. i know the minor mods don't warrant the 5 ft swing arm lol i guess the guy didn't know what he was doing don't laugh at me i didn't set the bike up my guess is he was setting up the chassis for a larger more powerful motor but never got to it..i think I'm gonna put the stock gears back on..i guess now after taking the swing arm off and putting stock gears back on I'm really gonna feel a big difference in power and it will probably pull the front end up a lot easier.. and i thought it was fast as hell before lol

a fire break is what we call the big dirt openings on hillsides and stuff in california. they make them to try and keep fires from jumping to differant parts of the land by making big ass cuts in the ground. It pretty common that people ride the fire brakes because they have been cleared out.

Because maybe that's what worked best?

You guys have totally thrown this post into left field, all the guy asked for is what gearing is best for his setup. Who cares about what was on his bike before, it doesn't matter anymore....geeeeez

I say w/ stock tires and your mods, go with 14/40 or 14/41. I've always liked running taller gears for trails though, makes it easier to ride, IMO :beer:

Your joking wright?

Please expain to me how 16/44 is even a realistic asphalt drag bike gear set up.

16/44 isn't NEAR enough gear for asphalt...

I run that in 300ft dirt leaving in second...

17/39 or 18/40 is what guys around here run in the 1/8 mile.

That's a big mofo front sprocket...:)

Your joking wright?

Please expain to me how 16/44 is even a realistic asphalt drag bike gear set up.

Did you actually read my post? 300 foot of SAND....

Your joking wright?

I ran 14/41 on my 350 last year on the 1/8 mile strip, topped out in 6th, run 7.42 @86mph Let me guess, I'm full of shit, huh? You must be the god of gearing to know what can and can't work on every setup...

There is no specific gearing for any setup, rider weight, CC's, gas, alcohol, engine mods, weight of bike, all have a role in what gearing needs to be run. Come on man, I wasn't freakin born yesterday

I ran 14/41 on my 350 last year on the 1/8 mile strip, topped out in 6th, run 7.42 @86mph Let me guess, I'm full of shit, huh? You must be the god of gearing to know what can and can't work on every setup...

There is no specific gearing for any setup, rider weight, CC's, gas, alcohol, engine mods, weight of bike, all have a role in what gearing needs to be run. Come on man, I wasn't freakin born yesterday

Not worth it Travis....

Usually it's you that reels me in...LOL...