coolent bottle

HardIzZlE

Why did you take it off, its a good idea to leave it on. Especially if it gets hot often.

Those 2 hoses are crankcase breathers and should not have been tied into the cooling system at all.

Edited by Snopczynski

the coolant bottle has been the topic of many discussions. some ppl belive you should leave it becasue they beleive it will recur and pull fluid back into the rad if low.

I however have never seen this actually happen, i removed mine as well as many others. like Snop said the hose from the rear of the case and the clutch cover are breathers, they do not attach to the bottle at any point. they meet at the "t" and then the hose gose over the top of the motor and thats it.. as far as the bottle gose when you remove it just run the samll hose from the cap of the rad down the frame and tie it off.

the coolant bottle is a fuckin piece of junk! there is absolutely no reason to have it on there. its a waste of space and clutters up the bike. take it off and throw it in the trash can. or throw gas on it and light it on fire and watch it melt.. just run the lines to the ground down one of the frame rails. some zip ties will do the trick.

Now on the other end of the spectrum, you can decide to do whatever you want with the coolant overflow bottle. However, with the amount of abuse and riding my bike see's down in the idiot holes, I have seen my bottle sometimes take on coolant. When I get back to camp and it sits, the coolant is gone again, and the radiator is full. Just my input on it.

It does do it most people just dont notice it.

It is more noticable on vehicles because they have cooling systems that hold way more coolant. The more coolant you head up the more room for expansion you need. I doubt you would be able to tell how much a half gallon of coolant expands unless you measured it with a graduated cylinder.

Now if it runs real hot and the radiator boils over then you would probably notice it suck the excess coolant back in to the radiator. That is because you now have a hot gas ( as one of the 4 states of matter) in the radiator, and a gas expands and contracts way more with a change in temperature than a liquid does.

if you do get rid of the bottle put the hose coming from top of radiator somehere it will leak on your pipesup under the gas tank out of view ofcourse.if it gets hott and spews... this will let you know if it gets hott (by smell or steam)and you will need to replenish fliuds..

if you do get rid of the bottle put the hose coming from top of radiator somehere it will leak on your pipesup under the gas tank out of view ofcourse.if it gets hott and spews... this will let you know if it gets hott (by smell or steam)and you will need to replenish fliuds..

that is a great idea! noone wants to be ridn around and find out all there coolant leaked out on the floor 6 miles back at camp!!

actualy i think on a car it circulates the whole time the engine is on.

hmm some wear i saw now i dont remember who did this. but the ran the line up to the end of the handle bar so if it starts spitn out they would see it.

..... hmmm do this at your own risk seems like your riskn scoulding ass hott antifreeze blowin in your face at 70 mph not cool :blink: but.. if you want to end the problem entirely use engine ice!! lmfao :yelrotflmao: hey i use it i dog the piss out of her everytime i ride not one problem so far!