A-ARMS CONTACTING INSIDE OF RIM

sinisterboo

I HAVE A SET OF EYEBALL ENGINEERING A-ARMS, +1/+2 ON MY BIKE, WHEN TURNED ALL THE WAY IN EITHER DIRECTION, THE INNER LIP OF THE RIM CONTACTS THE A-ARM. THE WHEELS ARE FACTORY WHEELS, NO DIFF. OFFSET OR ANYTHING. DO I NEED TO REALIGN THE BIKE OR COULD THE STOPS ON MY STEERING STOP BE FIXED OR MODIFIED TO CORRECT THIS? THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON HERE, HOPE TO LEARN SOME TIPS FROM YOU GUYS, C ME LATER. SHAUN

solid where they mount to the frame, but there is some adjustment in the upper and lower ball joint. should i just refer to the thead on front-end alignment? also, it has PEP triple-rates that are ZPS, so the front end rises with throttle, how should i compensate for that with the bike just sitting?

yes refer to front-end alignment and you will beable to dial it in. I have a question for you, is the inner lip hitting the a arm when the front end is on the ground or do you have it on blocks?

As far as compensating for the zps when just sitting the only thing i think you can do is to adjsut the shock to the firmest level it can go on. I had this same problem and even when i crancked up the dial on the ressie it still had some sag which brought me too low. so i then bought bigger tires for the front to bring me up a couple inches. got some 23 inch. I finally got rid of the shocks because of the zps. just too low for my riding, trails.

another thing to keep in mind, might help, might not, is on the base of the steering stem , i dont know what its called, maybe like a "stop" or a "bumper", there is a little metal tab welded in there that stops your steering stem from over rotating, ive flipped my banshee a few times and been through a few sets of bars, and i had the same problem when i put a new front end on, my friend told me to check the bottom of the steering stem, and sure enough that ltitle stop, or bumper, whatever, was bent out a bit, allowing the bars to turn a litle farther than normal, i just hit it with a hammer a couple times and got it bent back where it was straight and now my wheels stop like 1/2" away from the a arms like they should