One Piece Cylinder Base Gasket

FireHead

I cut mine for the pockets once and it blew out on my first ride. Haven't done it since then. I just trim them to match the case porting and call it good. I'm sure if you use a thicker gasket material it would hold up, but that will mess with your port timing and squish and blah blah blah...

- Jared

From my experiences with wrenching on engines, head gaskets aren't completely cut out to match the water jackets, most often they just have a small hole thru them just to let the coolant pass thru. That would lead me to believe that is all that would be needed in the base gasket also, rather than cutting it all the way out. :geek:

Edited by RZBansheeMan

From my experiences with wrenching on engines, head gaskets aren't completely cut out to match the water jackets, most often they just have a small hole thru them just to let the coolant pass thru. That would lead me to believe that is all that would be needed in the base gasket also, rather than cutting it all the way out. :geek:

This is true in some cases. It really depends on the design intent of sever of the parts in that area on af engine. :geek:

I here you have to watch out for that in OK................ :biggrin:

Yeah,

It's true, this place is really screwed up.

Gotta spend alot of time avoiding flyin balls here.

But I never expected to see it here. LOL :blink:

Still no information on the length of a "shitgrip" ??

Yeah,

It's true, this place is really screwed up.

Gotta spend alot of time avoiding flyin balls here.

But I never expected to see it here. LOL :blink:

Still no information on the length of a "shitgrip" ??

I am not really saying OK is screwed up, it's just a different kind of place sompared to the rest of the world. West TX is very similar.

I have asked a few times about the length of a shitgrip with no answer. Bansh-eman is a Marine, so who knows what that term is actually based on. :biggrin:

• 16 years later...

I got a gasket kit from Vito’s for my Banshee but it came with a 1 piece base gasket but I have separate Athena cylinders can I go ahead and use gasket. Because had to take engine Apart because i had water pockets under my base gasket still figuring how that happen unless the water jacket plugs leaked 

I got a gasket kit from Vito’s for my Banshee but it came with a 1 piece base gasket but I have separate Athena cylinders can I go ahead and use gasket. Because had to take engine Apart because i had water pockets under my base gasket still figuring how that happen unless the water jacket plugs leaked 

I got a gasket kit from Vito’s for my Banshee but it came with a 1 piece base gasket but I have separate Athena cylinders can I go ahead and use gasket. Because had to take engine Apart because i had water pockets under my base gasket still figuring how that happen unless the water jacket plugs leaked