Stock bike with CPI Inframe Pipes ...

Okay ... This is my ... X post in a long ... long time.

I had a 1996 banshee with FMF Gnarly pipes with timming plate +4, that I sold in 2004. Then I bought a new banshee in 2005, could not resist the tentation, and put on CPI inframe pipes. Made the proper jetting, but the bike was not as I had hope. I do not want to port it since it is basically a new machine. I have only use it like 6-10 times.(If you are wondering why ... because of work ... among other things.) I'm starting to ride again and I'm thinking of buying the Noss Cool head with 20 cc domes , the Pro Design timing plate to set it in +4.

From what I have reed the added compression and advanced timming will help the bottom to mid Power hopefully shifting the power curve enough to be able to have usefull power in all rpms. I mostly ride trails, some time drag race with my friends. The elevation around here is like 900 feet above sea level and the temperature is like 85 - 95 F most of the year. I do not want to change the pipes, I like the pipes but the power with the stock bike is not so ... powerfull.

Do you guys think that the mods I plan to do make sence?

What do you recommend?

Edited by richybanshee

Do you guys think that the mods I plan to do make sence?

What do you recommend?

If you want to keep the CPI Pipes then get it ported. Or sell the pipes and get a good pair of all round pipes.

A drag pipe on a stock port motor will proabalby always disapoint. Those other mods you listed will be good but still wont make up for the lack of a port job, and running drag pipes.

Even if you port it with those pipes on then try to ride it on the trails your power will be everywhere you dont need it to be. CPIs are drag pipes. You should trade for some Pro circuts DMC Alien PT mids TR6s or something along those lines for your style of riding.

A cpi piped stock motor is a fun bike to ride. Mine had 18cc domes,+4 advance and 35 pwk's but made decent bottomend and pulled like a frieght train from bottom up. A cpi may be considered a "drag pipe" but i think they're the most fun play pipe on the market. I've been around sst's, fatty's, procuircuts, T5's, and 6's and they're better than stock but since you've been riding the cpi's the rest will probably disapoint you in the mid and up power department.