I Hate Pandcakes

Yea yea, So I line up the position.

IMG_2000.jpg

Then I Screw in the Threaded Piece until it pulls

IMG_2001.jpg

But WTF, there is not enough thread to put the stock washer back on.

Also If I hold the screw in place, and tighten the nut, it pulls the threaded piece.

Select Yea, - Banshee -> Clutch to view exploded view diagram.

http://216.37.204.206/alba/Yamaha_OEM/Yama...13&Action=O

Hold #11 and Tighten the nut #13

There is not enough threads to install part #12

IMG_1999.jpg

So how to hold Piece #10 (The Pandcake) in place. The stock #10 has a hex head that locks in to the center of the pressure plate. This one is round and just spins. Now there IS a flat area on the piece on the long side of 10. So I would assume you can tighten the nut by removing the pressure plate (And Lockup in my case) pull the pandcake out. and grab onto that flat area and tighten it back down. Then re-assemble and it will be locked in place.

However I can not remove the pandcake bearing from the pressure plate, if the stock washer is used (Stops the nut from pulling through the outer pressure plate center). So I'm assuming I do not use the washer #12?

I have this new basket n such because the nut fell off on the last ride of the season last time and bounced around in my case.

Thanks in advance.

You will prolly not use the washer with that one , do not completely install it (lockup & bolts) until your finished adjusting it. Just hold the pressure plate up there by hand firmly and see where your adjustment is. Hold the backside (the flats) of the pancake brg with a wrench and then turn screw and lock down. Double check when all done and make sure nut is tightly secured.

You will prolly not use the washer with that one , do not completely install it (lockup & bolts) until your finished adjusting it. Just hold the pressure plate up there by hand firmly and see where your adjustment is. Hold the backside (the flats) of the pancake brg with a wrench and then turn screw and lock down. Double check when all done and make sure nut is tightly secured.

So I ended up just...

1) Adjusting it.

2) Marking the nut with sharpie,

3) Removed lockup and pressure plate.

4) Untwisted nut on the pandcake piece one revolution.

5) Applied a drop of blue threadlocker

6) Grabbed flat part of bearing with wrench, and tightened the piss out of the nut.

7) Re-installed pressure plate and lockup.

8) Double checked alignment and it seems good.

Because I did not use a washer I was able to put the pandcake back in already adjusted and then bolt the pressure plate and lockup back on.

If I had used a washer the pandcake would not pull through the center of the pressure plate.

I don't know if this is right so I just finger tightened the side case cover threads so as not to waste a gasket.

Now just need someone to verify my work so I don't have nuts coming off and bounching around in my clutch case again.

So how to hold Piece #10 (The Pandcake) in place. The stock #10 has a hex head that locks in to the center of the pressure plate. This one is round and just spins. Now there IS a flat area on the piece on the long side of 10. So I would assume you can tighten the nut by removing the pressure plate (And Lockup in my case) pull the pandcake out. and grab onto that flat area and tighten it back down. Then re-assemble and it will be locked in place.

That is why I went with the Cascade Pancake. It has the flats on the out side where you adjust it. You dont have to assemble it and set the adjustment. Then tear it appart to tighten it down and reassemble it.

Cascade Innovations Pancake LINK

Throw%20Out%20Bearing.jpg